CALGARY, March 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Oncolytics Biotech Inc. (TSX:ONC, NASDAQ:ONCY) ("Oncolytics" or the "Company") today reported its financial results for the year ended December 31, 2007.
"2007 was our most productive year to date, marking a significant
expansion of the Company's clinical trial program for REOLYSIN(R) with
Phase II studies and combination drug therapy studies being expanded and
initiated," said Dr. Brad Thompson, President and CEO of Oncolytics. "This
activity was supported by further advances in our preclinical development
program, manufacturing, and intellectual property."
Clinical Trial Results Presented
- Final results from our Phase I U.K. systemic administration trial, and
our U.S. Phase I systemic administration trial at ASCO;
- Positive interim results from our U.K. Phase Ia/Ib combination
REOLYSIN(R) and radiation trial;
Clinical Trial Progress
- Commenced patient enrolment in three combination REOLYSIN(R) and
chemotherapy trials in the U.K.;
- Commenced patient enrolment in a U.S. Phase II trial for patients with
various sarcomas that have metastasized to the lung;
- U.S. National Cancer Institute (NCI) filed a protocol with the U.S.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to conduct a Phase II melanoma
trial with REOLYSIN(R);
- Approval to begin a Phase I combination REOLYSIN(R) and
cyclophosphamide trial in the U.K.;
- In January 2008, the NCI filed a protocol with the U.S. FDA to conduct
a Phase I/II ovarian, peritoneal and fallopian tube cancer trial;
- In January 2008, met the criteria to expand to full enrolment of 52
patients in our U.S. Phase II sarcoma trial;
- Completed scale up of our manufacturing process to
|SOURCE Oncolytics Biotech Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved