OncoGenex is a biopharmaceutical company committed to the development and commercialization of new cancer therapies that address treatment resistance in cancer patients. OncoGenex has a deep oncology pipeline, with each product candidate having a distinct mechanism of action and representing a unique opportunity for cancer drug development. OncoGenex and Teva Pharmaceuticals have entered a global collaboration and license agreement to develop and commercialize OncoGenex' lead drug candidate, OGX-011/TV-1011. OGX-011/TV-1011 is currently in Phase 3 clinical development as a treatment in men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer. The companies plan to begin Phase 3 development of OGX-011/TV-1011 in first-line treatment of advanced, unresectable non-small cell lung cancer in 2011; OGX-427 is in Phase 1 clinical development; SN2310 has completed a Phase 1 clinical trial; and CSP-9222 and OGX-225 are currently in pre-clinical development.
OGX-011/TV-1011, OGX-427 and OGX-225 utilize second-generation antisense technology, licensed from Isis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ISIS), to target and inhibit production of specific proteins which OncoGenex believes are important in tumor progression and treatment resistance. OncoGenex and Isis partnered in the successful discovery of OGX-011/TV-1011, OGX-427 and OGX-225 and with respect to OGX-011/TV-1011, in its initial development. In 2008, OncoGenex and Isis amended their OGX-011/TV-1011 agreement to provide OncoGenex with sole rights to OGX-011/TV-1011 and sole responsibility for development and related costs and partnering decisions, subject to financial obligations to Isis. OncoGenex is also solely responsible for development and related costs and partnering decisions regarding OGX-427 and OGX-225. Key intellectual property related to OGX-011/TV-1011, OGX-427 and OGX-225 was discovered by the Uni
SOURCE OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. OncoGenex reports lead drug candidate OGX-011 achieved primary endpoint in Phase 2 Trial with second-line chemotherapy for prostate cancer
2. Sonus Pharmaceuticals and OncoGenex Technologies to Merge
3. OncoGenex to present at the Needham & Company 7th Annual Biotechnology & Medical Technology Conference
4. OncoGenex increases economic interest in lead cancer drug OGX-011
5. OncoGenex receives completed Special Protocol Assessment for primary registration study of lead drug candidate OGX-011
6. Sonus Pharmaceuticals and OncoGenex Technologies complete business combination; OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals to commence trading on NASDAQ Capital Market today
7. FDA Grants Fast Track Designation for OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals Lead Product Candidate OGX-011
8. OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals announces out-license of TOCOSOL Paclitaxel to Eagle Pharmaceuticals
9. OncoGenex To Present At The BioContact Quebec 2008 Annual Conference
10. OncoGenex Achieves Key Regulatory Milestone for Lead Product Candidate, OGX-011
11. OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals to Release Third Quarter Financial Results