BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Sept. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- OXIS International, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: OXIS; Euronext Paris: OXI) today announced it has named David Saloff as Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Saloff was appointed to the Company's Board of Directors in June of 2011.
"David's proven ability to move companies from development stage to successful commercialization makes him an outstanding choice to lead OXIS at this time," said Anthony J. Cataldo, Chairman of OXIS International. "In addition to his managerial experience, David has an outstanding track record of effectively raising and deploying capital, and building shareholder value."
Mr. Saloff stated, "OXIS International can become a leader in the nutraceutical and nutritional food industry by leveraging the unique properties and benefits of Ergothioneine, one of the most potent and versatile antioxidants yet discovered. I look forward to working with OXIS' strong network of scientific advisors and marketing partners to continue the development and commercialization of our ERGO-based products."
Mr. Saloff is a successful entrepreneur in the healthcare industry, having founded three companies, two of which went public and a third that was sold to a leading healthcare products company. In 1991, he founded Electropharmacology, which developed first-generation solid state pulse electromagnetic field therapy devices to treat chronic wounds. Later he assumed the Presidency of LifeWaves International, a health and fitness research and development company based on a revolutionary exercise and lifestyle theory to increase longevity. He also was co-founder and co-chief executive officer of Ivivi Technologies, which developed and manufactured advanced non-drug anti-inflammatory devices for the treatment of chronic and acute wounds and post-surgical pain.
About OXIS International,
SOURCE OXIS International, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. PAREXEL International to Present at Robert Baird Healthcare Conference and William Blair Emerging Growth Stock Conference
2. Infrared Systems International Reflects on Past and Looks Forward to the Future
3. Bacterin International to Present at Stifel Nicolaus 2011 Healthcare Conference on September 8, 2011
4. HDS International Comments on Front-end Carbon Sequestration Technologies
5. PAREXEL Named Company of the Year for the Pharmaceutical Industry in International Business Awards(SM)
6. Dyadic International Reports 2011 Second Quarter Financial Results
7. International Isotopes Inc. Announces Successful International Standards Certification for Manufacture of Its Nuclear Medicine Products and Devices
8. Dyadic International Announces Date of Second Quarter 2011 Financial Results Release and Conference Call
9. Roka Bioscience Participates in the International Association for Food Protection Conference
10. Daval International Announces Completion of Phase II Trial for the Treatment of Bladder Dysfunction With AIMSPRO® in Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
11. NAFG Announces Expanded International Surrogacy and Egg Donation Program