RAMSEY, N.J., April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Orthopedic Design & Technology Forum will take place May 3, 2012, at the FedEx Institute of Technology in Memphis, Tenn. Among the critical topics presented at this year's annual event, a conference session will address future trends in biologics—design implications, commercialism and ethics.
There have been numerous advancements in the field of biologics: inductive proteins, conductive substrates, and stem cell use have become clinically available as substitutes for autogenous bone grafts. They provide a significant patient outcome over traditional methods, as well as improving healing and lowering overall care costs.
Despite the benefits, these advancements also come with some controversy. The ODT panel "Advanced Orthopedic Technologies, Implants and Regenerative Products" will present these issues from a research and application perspectives. Join panelists:
- Barbara Blum, Ph.D.m, Senior Project Engineer II, Wright Medical Technology Inc.
- Dr. Burhan Gharaibeh, Research Assistant Professor, Stem Cell Research Center, University of Pittsburgh
- Chris Patterson, Director, TL Deformity, Trauma and MAST Fixation, Medtronic Spinal and Biologics
Don't miss the opportunity to join in the discussion. Register now at www.odtforum.com
The panelists are among other Orthopedic Design & Technology Forum faculty, consisting of orthopedic device experts from industry, manufacturing, academia and research institutions addressing the latest developments and future trends in orthopedic manufacturing. Ask questions and interact with knowledgeable experts in your field.
- Lee Berger, M.D., Founder of Ortho-Tag, and President & Orthopedic Surgeon, Orthopaedic Associates
- David M. Anderson, Principal, Build-To-Order Consulting; Fellow of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Steven Mounts, Senior Director, Quality Assurance, Musculoskeletal Clinical Regulatory Advisers
- Tim Ruffner, Vice President of New Business Development, GPI Prototype & Manufacturing Services Inc.
- Scott Hay, President & CEO, 3D Engineering
Visit www.odtforum.com for conference details and registration.
Related biology technology :1
|SOURCE Orthopedic Design & Technology magazine|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. Abaxis, Inc. to Present at the Sidoti & Companys Seventh Annual West Coast Emerging Growth Institutional Investor Forum2
. InNexus Biotechnology CEO to Present at The Wall Street Analyst Forum in NYC3
. Society of Gynecologic Oncologists to Host Cervical Cancer Prevention Forum4
. BioMS Medical to present at Sachs Associates Biotech in Europe Forum5
. Connecticut State Medical Society and Genomas Co-Sponsor Forum on DNA-Guided Medicine and the Path to Personalized Health Care6
. Endovascular Forum Inc.s President to Participate in Health 2.0 Northeast Panel7
. Blanchette Rockefeller Neurosciences Institute Hosts First-Ever International Forum on Memory and Memory Disorders and Dedicates New $30 Million Research Facility8
. Media Advisory - Oncolytics Biotech Inc. to Present at BIO Investor Forum 20089
. Complete Genomics Announces Its First Public Presentation at the 7th Annual BIO Investor Forum10
. WaferGen to Present at the Seventh Annual BIO Investor Forum11
. Tobira Therapeutics, Inc. to Present at the 2008 BIO Investor Forum