Dr. Gafner continued, "I've never seen so many new technologies applied to plant science — this is possibly the most interesting time to be involved in medicinal plant research and I'm just thrilled to be part of the team whose mission it is to make it more available to the public."
"I was delighted to learn that Stefan Gafner will become the first Chief Science Officer of the American Botanical Council," said noted author and herbalist Steven Foster, chair of ABC's Board of Trustees. "Stefan is an energetic scientist who embodies the needs of the many facets of ABC stakeholders. He is a practical pharmacist and phytochemist who understands the commercial landscape of the world of herbs, and perhaps most importantly, from my perspective, he is equally at home in nature as he is in the lab.
"Fifteen years ago," Foster elaborated, "Stefan introduced me to the Alpine wild herbs of his native Switzerland, where he generously drove me to remote mountain villages to explore local herbs. Stefan brings a collaborative spirit, love of nature, and broad scientific experience to ABC."
Dr. Gafner also received high praise from other professional colleagues.
"Stefan Gafner is a superb choice to serve as ABC's first Chief Science Officer. He is an exceptionally skilled pharmacognosist and pharmacist, and comes to ABC with great experience in herbal supplements and personal care products from his service at Tom's of Maine<
SOURCE American Botanical Council
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Noted Atherosclerosis Researcher Joins AtheroNova Team
2. Laser Damage Experts to Converge in Boulder for 45th Meeting in SPIE-Sponsored Series
3. Crowdfunding Expert Kendall Almerico Discusses Crowdfunding for Science
4. Belatrix Software Kicks off Major Innovation Effort and Invites Innovation Expert to Share How Agile + Design Thinking Accelerate Product Innovation
5. NDA Partners Introduces New Premier Expert Consultants
6. Mayo Clinic and ReachMD Launch “Updates from Mayo Clinic” Featuring Expert Interviews and Panel Discussions on Mental Health in Pediatric Primary Care
7. ReachMD Adds ‘Oncology Power Hour’ to Weekly Line Up, Delivering Expert Opinions and Medical Interviews to On Air, Online, and Mobile Learners
8. Experts Alert Doctors of Oklahoma Tornado Victims of Mold Infections; My Cleaning Products Suggests Solutions to Effectively and Safely Counter Impending Mold Problems
9. Z Trims Chef Erin Ryan sits on Expert Panel at NRA Show
10. Market Access Expert Firm, PRMA Consulting, Launches Companion Diagnostics Handbook
11. Robert Lowen MD, Expert Bay Area Plastic Surgeon, Announces Cutting-Edge 3-D Crisalix Imaging Technology to Aid Patients in Choosing their Breast Implant Size