"NC State was honored to host the ACC Clean Energy Challenge in partnership with Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, and Maryland," said Dr. Tom Miller , Senior Vice Provost for Academic Outreach and Entrepreneurship. "The best part of the competition was seeing the talent and entrepreneurial spirit that spans across all of the universities that participated. It was truly an impressive group of student entrepreneurs who are committed to developing real-world solutions in the cleantech industry."
Bioadhesive Alliance's winning technology, an environmentally friendly bio-based adhesive, is a sustainable alternative resource developed from the thermochemical liquefaction process converting swine manure to a bio-binder, while sequestering carbon and greenhouse gases otherwise released into the atmosphere.
Competition judges were impressed by the Bioadhesive Alliance team's presentation, which was refined through the company's participation in the National Science Foundation Innovation Corps (I-Corps) program. Bioadhesive's team, all from North Carolina A&T State University, includes graduate student Daniel Oldham and business development professional Mahour Parast. Civil Engineering Assistant Professor Elham "Ellie" Fini serves as the team's technical advisor.
The Clemson Brewcovery team is developing a bio-separation and bio-digestion system to create energy and additional products from food industry and brewery waste while reducing the carbon footprint of these facilities. Those products could include bio-lipids for biofuel production, organic nitrogen and phosphorus rich soil amendments, and high protein animal feeds. Brewcovery's team includes biosystems engineering graduate student David Thornton
SOURCE ACC Clean Energy Challenge
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. North American Nuclear Medicine / Radiopharmaceutical Market Worth $5.55 Billion by 2017
2. Honey Bee Beekeeping Class at North Island College’s Courtenay Campus
3. North American Injectable Drug Delivery Market worth $16.6 Billion by 2017
4. Northstar Biosciences Launches All Natural Skincare Solutions
5. Executives from Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline and California State Board of Pharmacy discuss pharmaceutical packaging challenges at Pharmapack North America 2013
6. New State-of-the-Art Rotor Balancing Facility Opened at Vibration Solutions North
7. Professor of Art from Northern Virginia Community College Lectures at Cajal Institute
8. Aviir Signs Distribution And Expansion Pact Covering 19 Middle Eastern And North African Countries
9. Aviir Signs Distribution and Expansion Pact Covering 19 Middle Eastern and North African Countries
10. Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates Celebrates First Birth in North Texas from Advanced Trophectoderm Biopsy Screening Technology
11. Analysis of Venture Capital Investment Trends in the North American and European Healthcare Industry