HUBBARD, Ohio, April 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NanoLogix, Inc. (OTC: NNLX) a biotechnology company, is pleased to provide the following information:
An independent study has found that NanoLogix's BNP(TM) Ultra-Fast Identification Technology allows the viewing of anthrax cultures four times faster than conventional methods.
The study, by one of the foremost bio-defense and biomedical research centers in the U.S., appears in the current online issue of Letters in Applied Microbiology. The authors found that NanoLogix's BNP(TM) technology displayed colonies of anthrax in six hours, as contrasted with the fastest traditional methods, which typically take 24 hours.
The study also found that the NanoLogix BNP(TM) technology allowed viewing of cultures of bubonic plague, known historically as the "Black Death", twice as fast as traditional Petri plate methods.
The study, by an independent lab under strict protocols, confirms the value of NanoLogix's breakthrough technology when time is a crucial factor. The BNP(TM) method has proven to be much faster than any other method in the broad field of Petri dish testing.
The authors of the study concluded that the NanoLogix technology could lead to a more rapid assessment of surface sampling and decontamination measures, and could aid in the evaluation of medical countermeasures and treatments.
The study appears in the current online issue of Letters in Applied Microbiology.
Links to study:
SOURCE NanoLogix, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Newly Appointed Dilon Technologies President & CEO Robert G. Moussa Sees BSGI as ... Major Weapon in the Battle Against Cancer
2. Researcher working on destruction of chemical weapons
3. Researcher working on destruction of chemical weapons
4. Tiny lab-on-a-chip detects pollutants, disease and biological weapons
5. Isis Announces $4.2 Million in Government Contracts Awarded to Its Ibis Subsidiary for Biodefense Applications Development
6. Implicit Awarded US $16.3 Million U.S. Government Contract to Develop Immunomodulatory Drug for Biodefense Threats
7. HHS Secretary Leavitt Announces Members of the National Biodefense Science Board
8. Department of Health & Human Services Names Dr. Eric Rose to National Biodefense Science Board
9. Advanced Life Sciences to Present at Biodefense Session of 26th Annual JPMorgan Healthcare Conference
10. PharmAthene Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Biodefense Vaccines Business From Avecia
11. PharmAthene Closes Acquisition of Avecia Biodefense Vaccines Business Unit