NeuroVive's products are based on the cyclophilin inhibitor cyclosporine and work by preventing the death of mitochondria in distressed cells and the subsequent cascade of intracellular biochemical events that lead to secondary tissue damage following an acute cardiac or traumatic brain injury.
NeuroVive's lead product is CicloMulsion®, the first cyclophilin inhibitor for the treatment of reperfusion injuries following stenting. CicloMulsion® is currently in a 1000 patient Phase III clinical trial evaluating its ability to reduce reperfusion injuries in patients with myocardial infarction.
NeuroVive is also developing NeuroSTAT®, a cyclophilin inhibitor, which is soon expected to enter a Phase IIa clinical trial in patients with severe traumatic brain injury. Both indications have huge medical need and for which there are currently no approved pharmaceutical treatment options. Both CicloMulsion® and NeuroSTAT® are special formulations of cyclosporine for use in acute cardiac and brain injury indications.
NeuroVive's pipeline includes novel cyclophilin inhibitors, and drug candidates that act on mitochondria to address energy regulation disorders.
NeuroVive´s shares are listed on the Swedish trading platform AktieTorget (http://www.aktietorget.se). The AktieTorget market is focused on emerging, entrepreneurial businesses through an electronic trading system supplied by the OMX Nordic stock exchange in Stockholm, Sweden.
Media and investor relations contacts
NeuroVive Pharmaceutical: Mikael Bronnegard
Phone No: +46(0)70-299-62-64
Citigate Dewe Rogerson: Nina Enegren / David Dible
SOURCE NeuroVive Pharmaceutical AB
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Cellular Biomedicine Group Appoints Dr. Jianping Dai to the Board of Directors
2. PCI Appoints John Davis, PE, to Board
3. California Healthcare Institute Appoints Vice President-State Government Affairs
4. Clinical Immunology Society Appoints Vincent Bonagura, MD as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Clinical Immunology
5. Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products Appoints a New England Territorial Manager and Production Supervisor
6. Creabilis Appoints Catherine Moukheibir to its Board of Directors
7. Verenium Appoints Holger Liepmann To Its Board Of Directors
8. Inflamax Research Appoints Dr. Anne Marie Salapatek President & Chief Scientific Officer
9. Kemwell Appoints Dr. Ninad Deshpanday to Head Global R&D
10. Avantium Appoints Jonathan Wolfson to its Supervisory Board
11. Sutro Biopharma Appoints Edward C. Albini as Chief Financial Officer