MONTREAL, Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In advance of September's National Cholesterol Education Month, a roundtable of leading global experts in heart health, probiotics and nutrition convened in Chicago to discuss the development of a new scientific review paper looking at a new role for probiotics in cardiovascular disease.
The August 23 roundtable participants included:
- Richard J. Deckelbaum, MD, CM, FRCPC, Robert R. Williams Professor of Nutrition, Professor of Pediatrics, Professor of Epidemiology, Director, Institute of Human Nutrition, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, New York
- Mark L. Dreher, PhD, Nutrition Science Solutions
- Jacques Genest, MD FRCP(C), Professor, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University; Novartis Chair in Medicine, McGill University; Scientific Director, Center for Innovative Medicine, McGill University Health Center/Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal
- Penny M. Kris-Etherton, PhD, RD; Distinguished Professor of Nutrition, Department of Nutritional Sciences, Penn State University, Pennsylvania
- Mitchell Lawrence Jones, MD, PhD, CSO, Co-Founder, Micropharma, Montreal
- Volker Mai, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health and Health Professions and College of Medicine, University of Florida, Florida
- Christopher John Martoni, PhD, Research Scientist, Micropharma, Montreal
- Mary Ellen Sanders, PhD, Consultant, Dairy & Food Culture Technologies, Colorado
The roundtable was supported by Micropharma Limited.
Presentation at American Heart Association Scientific Sessions
Dr. Mitchell Jones, Micropharma chief scientific officer and co-founder, will present new clinical results about Cardioviva™ (Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242) at an oral presentation entitled "Probiotics for Heart Health: Next Generation of Adjunct Therapies for Lipid Management," at the American Heart Association (AHA) Scientific Sessions on Nov. 5, 2012, in Los Angeles.
The association expects more than 20,000 scientists and healthcare professionals from more than 110 countries to attend the Scientific Sessions. It is the largest gathering devoted to the science of cardiovascular disease and stroke and the care of patients suffering from these diseases. Results of the research will be available following the presentation.
About Micropharma Limited
Micropharma Limited, headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, is bringing a new approach to the development of over-the-counter healthcare products, medical foods, and biotherapeutics. Micropharma applies a pathophysiological driven method to developing probiotic and enzyme therapies by focusing first on the health concern and then developing the effective products to support heath in that condition. For more information, visit http://www.micropharma.net. Related biology technology :1
. Northwestern University Joins VIVO Network with Elseviers SciVal Experts2
. Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals Expands Industry Expertise with Five New Executive Hires3
. Womens Health Expert GC-Rise Ties up with Georgetown MBA Team to Tap M&A Potential and Growth Strategy4
. UMass Amherst, Harvard experts say better systems needed for medical device cybersecurity 5
. Renowned Operations and Supply Chain Expert Dr. David Simchi-Levi Joins OPS Rules6
. Mining cleanup benefits from Texas A&M expertise7
. Maths experts question key ecological theory8
. TAKE Solutions Brings Together Leading Experts and TAKE Customers at “Converge 2012” to Discuss Business9
. Fusion presents low proliferation risk, experts conclude10
. Cancer Immunotherapy Expert Joins Pacific Meso Center Research Team11
. Cepheid Receives FDA Clearance for GeneXpert Infinity-80 System for Initial Use with Xpert Flu Assay