First-Quarter 2009 Highlights:
- GAAP diluted EPS increased 16.0 percent to $0.58 from $0.50 in first-quarter 2008
- Diluted EPS, excluding $0.05 in amortization of intangible assets from the 2003 spin-off, increased 14.5 percent to $0.63 from $0.55 in first-quarter 2008
- Total net revenues increased 14.4 percent to a record $14.8 billion
- Specialty pharmacy revenues increased 21.0 percent to a record $2.3 billion
- Generic dispensing rate increased 3.5 percentage points to a record 66.8 percent
- Cash flow from operations increased 7-fold to a record of nearly $1.2 billion
2009 Guidance Reaffirmed:
- Full-year 2009 GAAP diluted EPS expected in the range of $2.45 to $2.55, representing 15 to 20 percent growth over 2008
- Full-year 2009 diluted EPS, excluding amortization of intangible assets, expected in the range of $2.67 to $2.77, representing 15 to 19 percent growth over 2008
FRANKLIN LAKES, N.J., April 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Medco Health Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MHS) today reported first-quarter 2009 GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.58, up 16.0 percent compared to $0.50 for the first quarter of 2008. Adjusting for the amortization of intangible assets that existed when Medco became a publicly traded company in 2003, first-quarter 2009 diluted earnings per share increased 14.5 percent to $0.63, from $0.55 in the first quarter of 2008. With continuing strength across its operations and confident in its continued ability to deliver value-driven solutions to its clients in a weakened economy, Medco reaffirmed its 2009 earnings guidance, projecting GAAP diluted EPS growth of 15 to 20 percent over 2008.
"Our solid first-quarter results reflect our success at growing our t
|SOURCE Medco Health Solutions, Inc.|
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved