CANTON, Mass., Aug. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Metabasis, a San Diego-based biotech company, is offering more than 500 pieces of state-of-the-art R&D equipment that is no longer essential to their ongoing operations. The firm has selected EquipNet as the exclusive seller and listed the premium lab and analytical equipment on the EquipNet MarketPlace, the world's largest online venue for pre-owned equipment.
Metabasis is a biotech firm, specializing in the development of drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases such as hyperlipidemia and diabetes. As the foremost provider of surplus asset management sales and services, EquipNet is freeing up Metabasis to focus on their core business activities while providing buyers with a great opportunity to purchase NMRs, late model Agilent 1200 HPLCs, Mass Spectrometers, and other premium lab & analytical equipment.
"Companies that are upgrading their equipment or outfitting a new lab should take advantage of this chance to purchase high-end equipment at pre-owned prices," says Dennis Higgins, EquipNet's Biotech Sales Leader. "I've never seen such a large selection of pieces in such fabulous condition."
Identifying idle assets and recovering some of their value is an incredibly effective, money-saving strategy for many companies, particular in our current economy.
Being able to sell surplus equipment that's just taking up space can generate much-needed revenue to fund current and future projects.
Specifications and photographs for the 500+ listings can be viewed at http://www.equipnet.com/browse/list_view.aspx?locationid=107034 All equipment in this project is located at the Metabasis facility in the La Jolla section of San Diego.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Massive reanalysis of genome data solves case of the lethal genes
2. AIM Pharmakon (API) Announced a New Proprietary Premium-Quality Natural Concentrated Liquid Calcium and Mineral Supplement Now Available Direct to Consumers
3. Natures Premium(R) Brand First Fresh Pork in North America to Carry DNA TraceBack(R) Seal of Authenticity
4. Compendia Bioscience Announces the Release and Availability of Oncomine(TM) Research Premium Edition
5. One of the Nation's Leading Analytical Testing Laboratories is Now Easier to Access -- Pace Analytical Launches New Web Site to Showcase Its Three Business Divisions
6. New Director of Lab Sales for Polymathic Analytical Labs
7. Covance Appoints Dr. Steven M. Michael as Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer of Global Bioanalytical Services
8. Helix BioPharma to Present L-DOS47 Analytical Method Development Findings at 2009 AAPS National Biotechnology Conference
9. Microtest Labs Adds Dissolution Testing to its Suite of Analytical and Stability Testing Services
10. Process Analytical Technology (PAT): The Official Language of Pharmaceutical Outsourcing
11. Microtest Labs Adds Dissolution Testing to its Suite of Analytical and Stability Testing Services