COLLEGE PARK, M.D., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- MAX Launches "Double HELIX" in Maryland's Biotechnology Corridor
COLLEGE PARK, MD (June 3, 2013) – Mid-Atlantic Crossroads (MAX) announces the launch of Double HELIX (Health, Education, Life Sciences, and Internet eXchange), the new high-performance point of presence (PoP) located at the Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology Research in Rockville, Maryland. Double HELIX offers high-speed big data transfer services through a 100 Gbps-capable networking infrastructure to the Shady Grove Life Sciences Center and the surrounding research community.
The launch of Double HELIX expands the MAX regional network and further facilitates communication and collaboration between scientific researchers. Specifically, the PoP acts like a highway on-ramp to MAX's advanced research network services, enabling the high-speed transfer of large data sets. Scientists are therefore able to conduct vital genomics and life sciences research more efficiently across the region. Double HELIX is also highly scalable, and its infrastructure is able to support multiple 100 Gbps networking connections, depending on scientist and researcher requirements.
"MAX strives to stay one step ahead of the research community's technological needs, and the launch of Double HELIX achieves this goal," said Tripti Sinha , Executive Director of MAX. "Double HELIX is located in the epicenter of research and innovation in Maryl
SOURCE Mid-Atlantic Crossroads
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Salimetrics Launches a Faster, More Accurate, Salivary Melatonin Assay
2. Medical Concierge Travel International launches in Tandem with Leading Medical Cost Containment Company, EME International aimed at Self-Funded and Insurance Companies
3. Puritan Medical Products Launches New Series to Tell Customer Stories
4. Dr. Althauser Launches Ground-breaking Cavity Prevention Program That Can Lower Decay Rates by 74%
5. Brookfield Dental Care Launches Ground-breaking Cavity Prevention Program That Can Lower Decay Rates by 74%
6. Elsevier Launches New Open Access Journal: Translational Proteomics
7. Project Oncology CME Series Launches on ReachMD, Offering Learners a Wide Array of Certified Oncology Activities Across an Integrated Platform
8. Disruptive Innovation Hits Clinical Trials, Dedicated Event Launches
9. AudioNotch Tinnitus Treatment Launches Partnership With Destination Hearing
10. CLD Integrates Tin CAN API with its eLearning Solutions and Launches its Excelerometer Tracking Statement Dashboard
11. Clinovo Launches TechTrainings on CDISC Standards