CARLSBAD, Calif., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: LIFE) announced today it is #33 among the "Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations." The Global 100 2013 list was announced at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland earlier today.
The goal of the Global 100 is to highlight the 100 top-performing stocks worldwide on a range of sector-specific sustainability metrics in managing environmental, social and corporate governance issues. Of the 12 key performance indicators, Life Technologies rated highly in resource management – reducing its energy use, water consumption, waste generation and CO2 emissions as a percentage of revenue.
"In the past five years, we have radically transformed our company in the pursuit of a better sustainable business model – one that is more efficient, smarter, and with a lighter footprint," said Cristina Amorim, Chief Sustainability Officer for Life Technologies. "Being named to the Global 100 is recognition of the many changes – both large and small – made by the people of Life Technologies."
Life Technologies is the first life science company "moving off the grid" with a Bloom Energy fuel cell system. The system self-generates electricity for the company's manufacturing and distribution centers in Carlsbad, Californi
SOURCE Life Technologies Corporation
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Palatin Technologies, Inc. to Report Fiscal Year 2012 First Quarter Results; Teleconference and Webcast to be held on November 15, 2011
2. UV Flu Technologies Expands Its International Footprint
3. Palatin Technologies, Inc. Reports First Quarter Fiscal Year 2012 Results; Teleconference and Webcast to be held on November 15, 2011
4. OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. Announces Definitive Distribution Agreement in Italy
5. Hologic to Showcase 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis) and Other Advanced Womens Imaging Technologies at RSNA 2011, the Largest Radiology Show in the World
6. Modern Mobility Aids, Inc. Secures Financing to Close Acquisition Agreement of LumiGene Technologies
7. Senesco Technologies, Inc. to Webcast, Live, at RetailInvestorConferences.com on December 1st
8. Animal Biotechnology - Technologies, Markets and Companies
9. Gene Therapy - Technologies, Markets and Companies
10. Biomarkers - Technologies, Markets and Companies
11. Palatin Technologies to Present at Windhovers Therapeutic Area Partnerships Conference