"We are passionate about bringing our advanced technologies to women's health to support healthy pregnancies and to further our mission of deploying genomics globally to improve overall family health," said Jeffrey Luber, president and CEO of Good Start Genetics. "We are committed to removing barriers and increasing access in women's health through disruptive pricing for best-in-class technologies, partnerships that expand our reach globally in IVF and OBG channels, and through the pursuit of reimbursement strategies that promote expanded availability of our offerings both here and abroad. With BCBS TX now onboard, we are proud to have crossed the 130 million covered lives mark among payors supporting a direct relationship with us. The timing of this milestone is especially rewarding as the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) just recently updated its medical guidelines to include recommended screening for additional important disorders for which we have been providing the highest quality testing since 2012."
Good Start Genetics' testing platforms enable highly accurate genetic testing in women's and family health. This, combined with its world-class care environment, genetic counseling and customer support, and novel informatics platform, have established the Company as a leader among the nation's fertility clinics, and as a reliable partner in OB-GYN and in new digital channels for providing advanced, physician-mediated, clinical-grade genetic testing. With nearly 62 million women of childbearing age in the US and 132 million globally, the company continues to lead the way in democratizing genetic testing for millions during the most critical times in their lives—when they are planning and building their families.
About Good Start Genetics:
Good Start Genetics is dedicated to women's health and helping grow healthy families through its best-in-class genetics offerings. Using advanced clinical sequencing, proprietary methods and information tailored to the individual, the Company's suite of offerings arms clinicians and patients with insightful and actionable information to promote successful pregnancies and help build healthy families. The Company's product portfolio, including GeneVu, EmbryVu and VeriYou, encompasses a multifaceted approach to genetic testing, featuring solutions for both preimplantation and carrier screening, while offering comprehensive and flexible testing options helping a wider range of couples find their paths to pregnancy at significantly lower costs. Good Start Genetics complements these offerings with world class customer care and genetic counseling to help families stay well-informed and be better prepared for tomorrow. For more information, please visit www.goodstartgenetics.com or join us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/leading-family-genomics-company-good-start-genetics-expands-payor-relationships-to-more-than-130-million-covered-lives-300427690.html
Related biology technology :
1. Smith & Nephew hosts thought-leading surgeons, showcases new technology at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons annual meeting
2. Leading Photonics and Laser Researchers to Present Latest Work at SPIE Optics + Optoelectronics
3. Leading Chemical Manufacturer Expands Biobased Offering through Unique Distribution of Proven Green Spill Absorbent
4. Leading Biotoxin & Mold Illness Authority Creates Certification Process for Treatment Protocol
5. Biotrial, a Successful Leading CRO, Continues to Expand its Activities, Creating a Unique Neuroscience Pool of Talent and Capabilities: Biotrial Neuroscience
6. Antimicrobial Test Laboratories Emerges as Leading Provider of Virus Testing Services
7. Life Technologies Acquires KDR Biotech Co., LTD., Leading Reagents Distributor
8. Medrio, a Leading EDC and eClinical SaaS Provider for Clinical Research, Announces the Highly Anticipated Release of Medrio 8.1 with iPad Support
9. PharmaLeaders: Generic Manufacturers Benchmark Report - Financial Benchmarking & Competitive Analysis of the Leading Generic Players in 2013
10. Tata Partners with Tel Aviv University to Fund Leading Edge Innovations for Accelerated Commercialization
11. PAREXEL International Announces Acquisition of HERON Group LTD, A Leading Commercialization Consultancy