New kinase array designed for drug screening, substrate profiling and kinase interaction discovery
VANCOUVER, Feb. 10 /PRNewswire/ - Kinexus Bioinformatics Corporation announced the commercial release of its novel Protein Kinase Microarray with 200 recombinant human protein kinases for screening. The microarray has wide utility including applications for drug target counter screening, to identify novel kinase substrates, establish kinase antibody specificities, and for the discovery and testing of protein kinase-protein and protein kinase-compound interactions.
With these new and unique kinase microarray services, clients can now inexpensively assay the abilities of their lead compounds to inhibit any of the 200 different protein kinases for as low as $1.65 per kinase with triplicate measurements. Industry standards for these types of measurements typically cost $4-5 per kinase tracked. This counter screening of kinases can be used to establish the specificity of promising therapeutic inhibitors or target kinases in much more cost effective manner than previously available. All compounds can be further validated for direct activity effects in vitro with the Kinase-Inhibitor Profiling Services offered by Kinexus. This complements the Kinex(TM) 800 Antibody Microarray Services, in which endogenous physiological substrates of target kinases can also be defined to measure the effects of drug leads in vivo in cultured cells and tissues from treated animals. The specificity of suspected protein kinase-protein interactions can also be investigated with the new kinase microarray.
"Protein kinases are well recognized by the pharmaceutical and biotech industry as highly productive targets for drugs with the potentially treat over 400 human diseases, commented Dr. Steven P
SOURCE Kinexus Bioinformatics Corporation
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Ardea Biosciences Announces Appointment of Felix J. Baker, Ph.D. to Board of Directors
2. Tianyin Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. Announces Record Second Quarter 2010 Financial Results
3. Silicon Kinetics Announces New Biosensor Chips With Wide Palette of Surface Chemistries
4. Neurocrine Biosciences Announces the Appointment of William H. Rastetter to Its Board of Directors
5. Healthcare Data Solutions Announces Expansion of its Healthcare Customer Solutions Team With Two Key Additions
6. Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Announces Conference Call and Webcast
7. Æterna Zentaris Partner Keryx Announces Special Protocol Assessment Agreement with FDA for Phase 3 Trial of Perifosine (KRX-0401) in the Treatment of Patients with Refractory Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
8. Sangamo BioSciences Announces Presentation at BIO CEO & Investor Conference
9. Telik Announces Presentation and Webcast at 12th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference
10. Zimmer Holdings Announces 2010 Funding for OMeGA Medical Grants Association
11. Dalton Pharma Services Announces Successful Completion of Health Canada Inspection