As a Komen partner, Price will also lend her talent and influence as spokesperson in public service announcements and participant in signature high level and grass roots awareness campaigns. Susan G. Komen for the Cure® LA County Affiliate Executive Director, Deb Anthony said, "We are excited to welcome Kelly Price as a spokesperson for our organization and ambassador for our Circle of Promise program. She is such a highly respected and well-loved artist and her passion and commitment is unparalleled. We are grateful to Kelly for embracing this cause and are confident that many lives will be saved as a result."
Because of its local grassroots organizational structure, Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is the only breast cancer organization where 75% of funds raised stays in our community, going directly to local services and resources for Los Angeles County residents through community grants. The remaining 25% of the funds raised goes directly to national research, a significant portion of which ends up coming back to Los Angeles because of its nationally recognized research institutions.
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Los Angeles County Affiliate
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982 that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and l
|SOURCE Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Los Angeles County Affiliate|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved