LARKSPUR, Calif., April 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Jivan announced today that it will provide bioinformatics solutions for high-throughput transcriptome sequencing (RNA-Seq) and expression. Leveraging Jivan's industry-leading bioinformatics infrastructure for analysis of mRNA in biological samples, Jivan will provide "bioinformatics for the next generation." Jivan will offer content for targeted sequencing with mRNA capture arrays, mRNA specific PCR primer designs for targeted amplification, and software for analyzing mRNA expression from RNA-Seq, multiplexed PCR and microarrays.
"Jivan is uniquely situated to address the informatics challenges of transcriptome sequencing," said Subha Srinivasan, PhD, CEO of Jivan. "Our mRNA sequence databases, software infrastructure, oligonucleotide design capabilities, and expression analysis software give us a tremendous advantage in developing solutions for RNA sequencing."
Jivan has developed a database for analysis of mRNA expression from transcriptome sequencing. It enables advanced expression counts that go beyond the basic reads per kilo base (rpkb) that is the current standard.
To support RNA sequencing, Jivan's technology offering will include mRNA Capture Arrays for targeted sequencing of genomes, gene families and therapeutic areas. By using Jivan's database of mRNA sequences, including exons and exon junctions, Jivan can ensure the capture of all mRNA sequences of each gene of interest, including wildtype transcripts and splice variants. For genes or mRNAs with low expression, Jivan will offer mRNA Prime(TM) PCR primer designs specific to each observed mRNA.
To analyze RNA sequencing data, Jivan will offer a software tool called mRNA Magic(TM) that provides functionality for sophisticated expression analysis from sequence reads.
For more information, see '/>"/>
SOURCE Jivan Biologics, Inc.
Copyright©2009 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Jivan Awarded US Patent #7,340,349 for Splice Array Analysis
2. International Scientific Workshop Focuses on New Methods for Vaccine and Antibody Development
3. GPhA Annual Meeting Focuses on Industry Opportunities and Challenges for 2008
4. Memory Pharmaceuticals Refocuses to Advance Development and Clinical Programs
5. Global Stem Cell Forum in China Showcases Cutting Edge Research, Focuses on New Findings for iPS Cells
6. New Initiative Focuses on Water Quality Improvement in the Mississippi River Basin and Gulf of Mexico
7. ECBCs Environmental BioMonitoring Laboratory Focuses on the Future
8. Clinical Research Study Focuses on Little Known Behavioral Changes Related to Parkinsons Disease
9. Siemens Focuses on Role-Based, Context-Sensitive, and Knowledge-Driven Solutions at HIMSS 2009
10. ImQuest Presentation at Keystone Symposium Focuses on Advancements in Their Cancer Research and Development Program
11. BioLife Solutions Announces Exclusive CryoStor(TM) Supply Agreement With the New England Cryogenic Center, Inc.