Mitochondria and Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson's disease is a chronic, degenerative neurological disorder that affects an estimated one million people in the United States, and more than five million worldwide. Impaired mitochondrial function has been implicated in the development of Parkinson's disease. Mitochondria are the "power plants" of the cell, generating energy needed for cell activity. Therapies that improve mitochondrial function may have the potential to slow the progression of the disease.
About Metabolic Solutions Development Company
Metabolic Solutions Development Company (www.msdrx.com) is a drug discovery and development company investigating novel molecular targets and developing new therapeutics to treat metabolic diseases associated with age-related mitochondrial dysfunction, especially type 2 diabetes.
About Van Andel Institute
Established by Jay and Betty Van Andel in 1996, Van Andel Institute is an independent research organization dedicated to preserving, enhancing and expanding the frontiers of medical science, and to achieving excellence in education by probing fundamental issues of education and the learning process. This is accomplished through the work of over 200 researchers in more than 20 on-site laboratories and in collaborative partnerships that span the globe. Find out more about Van Andel Institute or donate by visiting www.vai.org
About Patrik Brun
SOURCE Metabolic Solutions Development Company, LLC
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Lillys Investigational GLP-1 Receptor Agonist, Dulaglutide, Showed Superior Glycemic Control Versus Comparators in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
2. AbbVie Presents Results from Phase I Study of Investigational Oncology Compound ABT-199 at American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting
3. Oramed Pharmaceuticals Moves Forward with Investigational New Drug Application for Oral Insulin
4. Robert Kirsner, MD, PhD, To Present Results For Phase 2b 6-Month Follow-Up Trial Of Unique Investigational Cell-Based Therapy For Venous Leg Ulcers
5. Upsher-Smith Currently Recruiting People With Epilepsy To Evaluate Investigational Rescue Treatment For Seizure Clusters
6. Janssen Biotech, Inc. Announces Collaborative Development and Worldwide License Agreement for Investigational Anti-Cancer Drug, PCI-32765
7. Oramed Submits Pre-IND Package to FDA for ORMD-0901 (oral exenatide), an Oral GLP-1 Analog for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
8. ImmusanT Initiates Study at Joslin Diabetes Center to Investigate Relationship Between Celiac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes
9. Islet Sciences, Inc. Technologies Featured in Five Separate Presentations at the American Diabetes Association Annual Meeting
10. Results of new exploratory analyses assessing the incidence of hypoglycemia with linagliptin in adults with type 2 diabetes announced
11. Research Report on Chinas Diabetes Drug Market, 2013-2017