SAO PAULO, Brazil, June 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Pursuant to the BDR offering and BOVESPA Listing announcement released on June 06, 2008, Infinity Bio-Energy Ltd. has called a shareholders' meeting on June 25, 2008 at 10:00 a.m (Sao Paulo time) to approve new bye-laws conforming to Novo Mercado Standards, the election and re-election of new board directors and the presentation of auditors' reports and financial statements and other matters.
Novo Mercado is a special segment of the Brazilian Stock Exchange (BOVESPA) which requires high standards of Corporate Governance. Notwithstanding that the BDR offering does not demand the same Corporate Governance levels, the Company intends to incorporate the Novo Mercado standards, being governed by the proposed bye-laws. In order to achieve these standards, the Company invites all shareholders to vote on the 2008 Annual General Meeting.
The agenda is described below:
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that the 2008 Annual General Meeting of the
will be held at Rua Funchal, 418, 22nd floor, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil, on:
June 25, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. (Sao Paulo time)
1. Elect a Chairman of the General Meeting, if necessary.
2. Read Notice convening this meeting.
3. Minutes of the last General Meeting to be read and confirmed.
4. Presentation of Auditors' Report and Financial Statements for the
year ended March 31, 2008.
5. Presentation of Directors' Report to the Shareholders.
6. Appoint BDO as Auditor of the Company until the close of the next
Annual General Meeting and authorize the Board of Directors to
determine the remuneration of the Auditor.
7. Consider the election of Eduardo Bom Angelo, Alberto Mendes Tepedino
and Dimitri Marriette Henri Pauwels as Class III Directors, and
authorize them to appoint Alternate Directors as and when they deem
8. Consider the re-election of John Walter and Dominic DiMarco as Class
II Directors, and authorize them to appoint Alternate Directors as
and when they deem fit.
9. Consider to redesign Andrew Lipman and Sergio Thompson-Flores as
Class II Directors, and authorize them to appoint Alternate
Directors as and when they deem fit.
10. Consider that the fees payable to the Directors will be determined
by the Compensation Committee.
11. Consider and, if thought fit, approve the recommendation of the
Board of Directors to amend the existing Bye-Laws of the Company in
the manner specified in the blacklined version of the Bye-Laws, to
be effective upon and subject to consummation of the offer of the
12. Consider any other business, which may properly come before the
The proxy and amended bye-laws have been sent to the shareholders and are also available on the Company's website at http://www.infinitybio.com.br.
|SOURCE Infinity Bio-Energy Ltd.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved