Latest release of popular clinical trials software adds new features, enhanced performance.
Waltham, MA (PRWEB) October 14, 2009 -- Akaza Research is pleased to announce the release of OpenClinica 3.0, the newest version of the world's most popular open source electronic data capture (EDC) software for clinical trials. This latest production release marks a significant milestone for open source software in the clinical trials field, adding a host of new capabilities designed to further accelerate the adoption of open source into mainstream research.
"OpenClinica 3.0 brings a new level of simplicity to EDC," said Cal Collins, CEO of Akaza Research. "We have added powerful new capabilities and made them accessible through an intelligent, task-oriented user interface. Each user can be confident that OpenClinica will make them more productive at their job."
Some of the enhancements in OpenClinica 3.0 include:
- Streamlined user interface that simplifies site usage
- Study progress dashboard
- Improved query workflows, with notifications, chain of custody, and task management
- Source data verification workspace
- Faster page load time
- Dedicated Study Build module
- Improved control over significant digits in eCRF data items
- Job scheduler
- Web services interface to allow for programmatic data interchange with other systems
"This release illustrates how an open source community can produce superior software," said Paul Galvin, OpenClinica Project Manager at Akaza Research. "Contributions and input from both industry and academic users and developers across the globe has allowed us to release the most feature rich, thoroughly tested, and high performanc
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved