Notes to Editors
1. I2BF was established in Silicon Valley in 2005 as an international asset management group focusing on venture capital and public equity activities in the clean technology sector.
2. I2BF has over $100 million under management (as of June 2010). All assets are deployed across two main funds: a venture capital fund, I2BF Holdings I and a hedge fund, I2BF Arbat Clean Technology Fund.
3. As at the end of March 2010, I2BF Holdings I has fifteen investments in its portfolio. These include investments in water, next generation biofuels, wind, solar, energy efficiency and power storage. These investments are located across Europe, Asia and the US.
4. I2BF launched the I2BF Venture Fund II in April 2010 targeted at USD 150 million, which will invest in a diversified portfolio of early stage companies developing and commercialising cutting-edge technologies in the renewable energy and clean technology industry.
5. The I2BF Arbat Clean Technology Fund is a systematic quantitative hedge fund launched in 2008 which seeks to provide superior risk-adjusted returns in the renewable energy and clean technology space.
6. I2BF was awarded a mandate to co-manage a nano-technology fund focused on Russia and Kazakhstan with Russian bank VTB in 2010. The VTB-I2BF Venture Fund targets USD 100 million and is seeded by Russian nanotech giant Rusnano and Kazyna Capital Management (a subsidiary of the Kazakhstan sovereign wealth fund).
7. Ilya Golubovich, Managing Director, launched I2BF in Silicon Valley in
2005, after working in the Energy Depart
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved