During a panel discussion, energy-guru and favourite read of Bill Gates, Vaclav Smil's gloomy predictions prompted an embrace from Pembina Institute Senior Advisor Marlo Raynolds.
"You need a hug," Raynolds said.
The intense discussion on cleaner ways to electrify the planet took place on TVO's The Agenda with Steve Paikan live from Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The entire show is now archived at http://wgsi.org/events/tvos-agenda-steve-paikin-1.
THE STORY SO FAR
Participants in the closed-door sessions and collaborations at the Equinox Summit: Energy 2030 continue to involve technical discussions and potential implementation steps on a variety of electrical systems involved with energy production, distribution and storage.
Concepts for on- and off-grid options are being furiously debated. Rolling out new technologies in a carbon-based world is proving to be a tall order, but some attention-grabbing ideas are emerging.
One thing all participants agree on is the urgency of the global energy issue and need to inspire results.
RELEASING A GLOBAL ENERGY ROADMAP
June 9th, the inaugural Equinox Summit will conclude at 2pm ET with the presentation of major outcomes from the closed-door working sessions as well as a preview of the Equinox Blueprint a more comprehensive outlook of the course set at the end of the Summit (streamed LIVE at http://wgsi.org/video).
LOOK-AHEAD FOR JUNE 8TH
- The 9 am plenary panel is "What happens when the lights go out?" It's the final in a three-part series of daily themes including energy generation, distribution, and storage (both storage of energy and storage of any harmful by-products).
- The 4 pm talk is University of Calgary/Carnegie Mellon CO2 capture and storage expert David Keith on the relationship between energy and climate change
- Another great source for getting the feel of being at the Summit is the live stream and archived segments from TVO's The Agenda with Steve Paikan broadcast on location http://wgsi.org/events/tvos-agenda-steve-paikin-1.
LOOK-AHEAD FOR JUNE 9TH
- All previous sessions will be available for on-demand viewing at http://wgsi.org/video
- The big reveal of the final recommendations of this unprecedented, never-before-assembled group will be streamed LIVE, starting at 2 pm ET.
- Contact the Equinox Summit's dedicated media room at firstname.lastname@example.org for help arranging interviews with summit participants, or for any other media enquiries. The media room is open June 5 to June 9.
- Professional photos of each day available for media at http://www.flickr.com/photos/wgsisummit/
- Watch over a dozen public events streaming live and on-demand at http://wgsi.org/video
- Visit http://wgsi.org and sign up for our mailing list to receive regular updates
- Use the hashtag #EquinoxSummit, or glimpse inside the closed-door sessions with #EquinoxInside
Related biology technology :1
. Aureus Pharma Releases AurPROFILER(R) - a New and Powerful Pharmacology Profiling Solution2
. Isilon IQ Powers Data Storage for Next-Generation DNA Sequencing3
. Denser, more powerful computer chips possible with plasmonic lenses that fly4
. Isis Ibis Biosciences Subsidiary Highlights the Power of the Ibis T5000 Pathogen Identification and Characterization System at the ICAAC/IDSA Meeting5
. Powered by olive stones? Turning waste stones into fuel6
. Nonprofit Puts the Power to Cure Neurological Disease in the Hands of the Masses: Texting Technology Brings Awareness & Supports Research7
. Arizona Heart Institute First to Implant Powerlink XL in Phoenix, Arizona Since FDA Approval8
. Complete Genomics Chooses Isilon IQ to Power Worlds First Complete Human Genome Sequencing Service9
. Solar power game-changer: Near perfect absorption of sunlight, from all angles10
. Environmental Power Corporation and Organix, Inc. Establish Alliance to Produce High Value Soil Amendment Products11
. AmeriCares Presents Power of Partnership Award to Baxter