WKN: 918 846
AURORA, ON, Oct. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Helix BioPharma Corp. (TSX, FSE: "HBP") today announced financial results for the year ended July 31, 2007.
During the 2007 fiscal year, the Company continued to make progress with its clinical (Topical Interferon Alpha-2b) and pre-clinical (L-DOS47) development programs. The following are selected highlights during the 2007 fiscal year and subsequent to year-end.
- Topical Interferon Alpha-2b
- Announced positive Phase II clinical results with Topical
Interferon Alpha-2b in patients with HPV-induced low-grade
squamous intraepithelial lesions ("LSIL")
- Initiated enrollment in Phase II clinical trial with Topical
Interferon Alpha-2b in patients with HPV-induced ano-genital warts
- Awarded two U.S. patents for DOS47, a broad anti-cancer
- Presented L-DOS47 findings at the fourth international conference
on "Tumour Microenvironment" in Florence, Italy
- Presented L-DOS47 findings at Keystone Symposia meeting,
"Antibodies as Drugs: From Basic Biology to Clinic"
- Signed L-DOS47 manufacturing agreement with BioVectra DCL
- Completed a private placement financing on October 11, 2006 for
gross proceeds of $7,044,500.
- Shareholders approved management proposals and elected
management's slate of directors at the 2007 annual meeting of
shareholders, following a proxy dispute
- Announced University of Arizona Professor, Kenneth D. Hatch,M.D.,
as medical advisor
- Mr. Jerome F. McElroy resigned as Chairman and Director of the
- Introduced a new company logo as part of our ongoing efforts to<
|SOURCE Helix BioPharma Corp.|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved