This report describes different types of biomarkers and their discovery using various -omics technologies such as proteomics and metabolomics. Molecular diagnostics technologies are used for the discovery of biomarkers and new tests are also based on biomarker.
This report follows the broad definition of a biomarker as a characteristic that can be objectively measured and evaluated as an indicator of normal biological or pathogenic processes as well as pharmacological responses to a therapeutic intervention. Tests based on biomarkers have been around for more than half a century, but interest in their application for diagnostics and drug discovery as well as development has increased remarkably since the beginning of the 21st century.
Currently the most important applications of biomarkers are in drug discovery and development. The role of biomarkers in various therapeutic areas particularly cancer, cardiovascular diseases and disorders of the central nervous system, is described. Biomarkers are useful not only for diagnosis of some of these diseases but also for understanding the pathomechanism as well as a basis for development of therapeutics.
Biomarkers will facilitate the combination of therapeutics with diagnostics and will thus play an important role in the development of personalized medicine. Biomarkers play a role in use of pharmacogenetics, pharmacogenomics and pharmacoproteomics for development of personalized medicine.
Many of the regulatory issues concerning biomarkers are related to genomics, proteomics, molecular diagnostics and pharmacogenomics/pharmacogenetics. Validation of biomarkers and their role in clinical trials is discussed.
Biomarker markets are estimated from 2015 to 2025 according to share of markets for various technologies and applications: proteomics, metabolomics, molecular diagnostics, drug discovery, clinical trials, and bioinformatics. Market values are further split according to therapeutic applications and major geographical areas. Unfulfilled needs in biomarkers are identified as well as the drivers for biomarker markets. Challenges facing the biomarker industry and strategies for developing biomarker markets are discussed.
A large number of companies with varying technical backgrounds are involved in biomarkers and 302 of these are profiled in part 2 of the report with classification into various categories.These also include major pharmaceutical companies. There is tabulation of 463 collaborations between companies and additional academic collaborations are mentioned in the individual profiles of companies. The report is supplemented by 1,200 references, 76 tables and 18 figures.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1: Technologies & Markets
2. Technologies for Discovery of Biomarkers
3. Biomarkers and Molecular Diagnostics
4. Biomarkers for Drug Discovery & Development
5. Role of Biomarkers in Healthcare
6. Biomarkers of Cancer
7. Biomarkers of Disorders of the Nervous System
8. Biomarkers of Cardiovascular Disorders
9. Biomarkers & Personalized Medicine
10. Biomarkers and Regulatory issues
11. Markets for Biomarkers
Part II: Companies
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdfj6m/biomarkers
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-biomarkers-technologies-markets-and-companies-report-2017-2025-proteomics-metabolomics-molecular-diagnostics-drug-discovery-clinical-trials-and-bioinformatics---research-and-markets-300400460.html
Related biology technology :
1. Peptide Therapeutics Market is Expected to Reach USD 25.4 Billion Globally in 2018: Transparency Market Research
2. Guidepoint Global Launches Two Major Enhancements to its Client Research Portal
3. Global Regulatory Milestones for Invibio Biomaterial Solutions
4. DuPont Joins Israel’s Office of the Chief Scientist Global Enterprise R&D Cooperation Framework
5. Global Metabolomics (Biomarker Discovery/Metabolite Detection/Metabolite Profiling) - 2013 Market Report
6. Lucintel's Analysis of Global Catalysts Industry: Chemical and Automobile Industries Play Crucial Role in Growth
7. Global Biochips and Microarrays 2013 Market Report
8. Global Bio-implants Market 2012-2016 New Research Report Now Available at MarketResearchReports.biz
9. USP Global Fellowship Awards Program Call for Applications
10. Medical Gases and Equipment Market is Expected to Reach USD 9 Billion Globally in 2018: Transparency Market Research
11. Global Food Safety Testing Industry