The Global Next Generation Sequencing Market Was Valued at US$ 3,509.6 Million in 2016 And is Expected to Reach US$ 7,527.0 Million By 2021 Growing at a CAGR of 16.02%.
The market has witnessed series of acquisitions and strategic agreements in the recent past and become more competitive. It is also anticipated that the market would consolidate, remain dominated by the North America region. However, rapid growth is anticipated in Asia Pacific region due to increased adoption of the technology in varied fields. In 2016, China announced the opening of China National GeneBank (CNGB). The bank consists of biorepository, bioinformatics data center and living biobank, and a digitalization platform and synthesis and editing platform. Similar gene banks in Japan, South Korea, India and others are contributing immensely to genetic research in agriculture. Chinese FDA granted Class I status for Vela Diagnostics' Sentosa SX101 instrument for clinical use. In 2015, KEW Group Inc. and Denka Co., Ltd. announced collaborative agreement for evaluation of KEW's CancerPlex NGS Testing in Japanese cancer patients.
Government investment in genome sequencing projects and widespread integration of NGS technology with other research programs are driving the NGS market. Increasing efforts by regulatory agencies in keeping pace with rapid technology developments and proactive approach in approval of NGS based tests in disease diagnosis has encouraged companies and investment firms to consider NGS technology as one of the most lucrative options.
Next generation sequencing (NGS) technology market is constantly evolving due to continuous technology upgrades. At least five companies are currently developing novel NGS technology that is anticipated to commercialize during the forecast period. Although currently the market is dominated by Illumina, various other companies are investing in development of novel methods for efficient and cost effective sequencing. Genapsys is currently developing Gene Electronic Nano-Integrated Ultra-Sensitive (GENIUS) technology, a portable sequencer targeted for research and diagnostic laboratory purposes.
The company opened early access registration in 2014, yet commercial launch has not been announced officially. Agilent Technologies invested US$ 80 million in LaserGen for development and commercialization of the proprietary lightning terminators technology. Although Nabsys had closed operations in 2015 after 10 years of struggle in development of its next generation sequencing technology, the company was re-launched as Nabsys 2.0 in 2016. The company also received US$ 42 million in funding from a Chinese company Zixin Pharma. Majority of the sequencing technologies in pipeline are nanopore based.
Key players mentioned in the report include Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Oxford Nanopore, Pacific Biosciences, Qiagen N.V., Roche Sequencing, Stratos Genomics, GnuBio and others.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Preface
Chapter 2 Précis
Chapter 3 Market Dynamics
Chapter 4 Next Generation Sequencing - Global Market Assessment by Key Players, Forecast: 2017 to 2021
Chapter 5 Next Generation Sequencing Services - Global Market Assessment by Applications, Forecast: 2017 to 2021
Chapter 6 Next Generation Sequencing Instruments, Reagents and Consumables - Global Market Assessment by End-Users, Forecast: 2017 to 2021
Chapter 7 Next Generation Sequencing - Global Market Assessment by Geography, Forecast: 2017 to 2021
Chapter 8 Key Player Analysis: Global Next Generation Sequencing Market, 2016
Chapter 9 Epilogue
- Illumina Inc.
- Oxford Nanopore
- Pacific Biosciences
- Qiagen N.V.
- Roche Sequencing
- Stratos Genomics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j7mxgj/global_next
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-752-billion-next-generation-sequencing-market-assessment--forecast-2017-2021---opportunities-in-reagents-and-consumables-segment---research-and-markets-300425400.html
Related biology technology :
1. Global $1.47 Billion Biostimulants Market to 2022 - Research and Markets
2. Mylan to Present at Barclays Global Healthcare Conference
3. Global Stem Cell Technologies and Applications Market 2017-2027
4. Global Bioplastics Market - Trends and Forecasts (2016-2021) - Global Production Capacity Will Rise to 7.6 Million Metric Tonnes by 2019 - Research and Markets
5. Global Bioinsecticides Market to Reach $774 Million by 2020 - Growth Primarily Attributed to Advancements in Biopesticides Industry - Research and Markets
6. Global Genetic disorders Partnering 2010-2017: Deal trends, players and financials
7. Kindred Biosciences Announces Global Sponsorship of International Society of Equine Locomotor Pathology
8. Global Licensing Partnering Report: Terms & Agreements in Pharma, Biotech & Diagnostics 2010-2016 - Research and Markets
9. AMRI to Present at Barclays Global Healthcare Conference
10. ITL Limited agiert jetzt als ITL Health Group, um Bereiche unter globaler Marke zu vereinen
11. ACEA Biosciences Hires Roger Luo as Vice President of Global Clinical Development