NGS-level Sequence Data Management for Researchers with a Complete, Cloud-Enabled API for Developers
Westborough, Mass. (Vocus) March 4, 2010 -- This seminar details the fast-growing GenomeQuest sequence data management (SDM) platform for researchers and its new, cloud-enabled API for developers. The free seminar will include lunch, discussion, and startup to Free Basic Account.
When: March 17, 2010
Time: 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Noon: Registration and Lunch Served
12:30 pm -1:00 pm: SDM Presentation and Demo
1:00 pm -2:00 pm: Q&A, Free Basic Account (FBA) Startup
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
1775 East Mission Bay Dr.
San Diego, CA 92109
Genomics and next generation sequencing (NGS) is transforming life-science research. In total, the seminar will show how life science organizations, with SDM, can manage sequence data across their entire environment -- now including the cloud -- and accelerate their advance to NGS.
Over 160 leading life science companies use GenomeQuest for mission-critical work, including 17 of the top 20 pharmaceuticals.
"Our bioinformatics developers and computational biologist are a critical and highly talented resource. We want them to have the world's best systems so they, in turn, can provide world class services to researchers. I feel that, because the GenomeQuest platform and its API manage the administrative and scaling issues in SDM, our bioinformatics team can therefore spend more time truly consulting with researchers and helping them tease out the answers that lie in the data -- clearly the highest and best use of their talents." -- Bill Farmerie, Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research, University of Florida
Topics for Researchers:
- Show how researchers can compare and mine their sequence data, annotations, and findings across millions of reads -- from a simple web-browser
- Import sequence-read data and reference genome data from a wide variety of sources, including the world's largest collection of sequence reference databases
- Launch the different workflows and connected tools, discussing parameter settings, and analyzing their results
- Share and aggregate results through ‘physical’ and "virtual" databases
- How to work with instruments from LIFE, Illumina, and other popular providers
Topics for Developers (including bioinformaticians and computational biologists):
- Configure and customize SDM to support all research and clinical workflows
- Unify and cloud-enable SDM across users, instruments, tools, databases, projects, and organizations
- Scale their SDM to NGS and secure, cloud-level sharing of sequence data and results
- Address the high-performance and scalability demands of NGS
- Review the full range and listing of API services: engine-level, workflow-level, and cloud-level
- Understand the GQ-Engine basics, including its multi-algorithm alignment/comparison, built-in parallelism, and unified sequence/annotation data model
- Understand how developers can innovate on the cloud and securely publish workflows and applications to extended communities
Presenter: Richard Resnick, VP of Software & Services, GenomeQuest, Inc.
Registration Online: www.genomequest.com/XGENseminar
Contact: Dana Wormer, +1 215.888.0960
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/GenomeQuest/San_Diego_Seminar/prweb3684144.htm.
Related biology technology :1
Copyright©2010 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. GenomeQuest, Inc. Announces Digital Gene Expression Solution Within Its Sequence Data Management Platform2
. GenomeQuest Places ChIP-Seq Workflow Solution On SDM “Cloud”3
. GenomeQuest Announces Boston Seminar: Sequence Data Management for Next Generation Sequencing 4
. Pharsight to Present at ROeS Seminar in Bern, Switzerland on September 10 & 11, 20075
. First-Ever Cancer and Careers Seminar Debuts in Orange County6
. Netsmart Technologies Web Seminar Helps Behavioral Health Organizations Understand Electronic Prescribing and the Importance of New Medicare-Related E-Prescribing Legislation7
. The Michigan Life Sciences Pipeline Announces New Best Practices Seminars Tailored to Michigan Businesses8
. World Leader in Bench Top Flow Chemistry Instruments ThalesNano, Inc. Introduces an Industry First Seminar Series9
. Alliance Biosciences Announces Trade Mission to Singapore with Speaker Presentation at International Lab Design Seminar10
. Seminar Will Bring ALS Researchers to Patient Groups11
. Thomson Reuters Commemorates World IP Week with Series of Strategic Intellectual Property Seminars Across the U.S.