Palm Springs, Calif. (PRWEB) January 21, 2013
Genedata, a leading provider of advanced software solutions for drug discovery and life science research, today announced the release of Genedata Biologics™ 3.0, the latest version of its enterprise solution for biologics R&D. A first-in-class software solution for integrated data management, Genedata Biologics enables R&D organizations to more efficiently discover and develop novel biotherapeutics. Version 3.0 dramatically improves process efficiency with new functionality for standardization of antibody screening, protein engineering, and protein production processes. Genedata will present the latest features of its platform during the Antibodies for the 21st Century track at PepTalk 2013 (Renaissance Hotel; January 21 – 25).
Standardization – The Strategic Advantage for Innovative R&D in Biotherapeutics
Workflow and nomenclature standardization are key success factors for large-scale biopharma discovery operations, which consist of specialized groups working in division-of-labor environments across departments and sites, as well as with numerous external partners and CROs. A scalable data management platform shared among all stakeholders and directly interfacing with laboratory automation equipment is required to facilitate the frequent handover and processing of candidate molecules, samples, and testing results.
“Standardization is a strategic advantage in today’s biopharma R&D. The new version of Genedata Biologics provides a complete view on all biologics candidates and their history,” said Dr. Othmar Pfannes, CEO of Genedata. “The standardization of these views and the underlying automated data processing minimizes duplication of work, eliminates error-prone manual activities, and provides extremely valuable transparency across an organization for efficient decision making. Our insight into standard processes and best practices has driven the development of Genedata Biologics, which is becoming the data management platform of choice for innovative biologics R&D organizations.”
Genedata Biologics V 3.0 is available now and shipping directly from Genedata.
Editorial Note: PepTalk 2013 -- “Antibodies for the 21st Century Track” -- Thursday, January 24, 2013; 10:45 am-11:15 am.
Genedata Biologics V 3.0 – Highlights
Data Management & Access Control Framework: New user group infrastructure provides a fine-granular mechanism to control access to sensitive data in a collaborative environment. The system now supports cross-departmental and external data exchange with CROs and CMOs, as well as technology transfers among research partners, which is of vital importance in IP-critical environments.
- Flexible Reporting Engine: New framework for generating customized reports for scientists, project managers, technicians, and management. Easily generated reports can now be tagged for keywords and relationship (e.g. reporting all cell lines stably expressing Fab-Fvs), research stage and success of results (e.g. portfolio of leads across different screening efforts), or grouped with data, e.g. Protein Expression Batches along with expression levels, vector information (i.e. signal peptides, promoters), or antibody germline sequence information (i.e. IGHV1-24). Typical examples also include KPIs (e.g. real-time overview of the number of candidates successfully expressed and purified, with a monthly break-down), and dashboards for facilitating decision support.
- Extended Molecule Processing Support: Enhanced functionalities to register, process, and visualize specific molecule types such as scFv and other antibody- and non-antibody molecules.
- High-throughput Antibody Reformatting: Extended support of bulk reformatting from Fab-to-IgG and similar workflows; new reporting and statistics of recovered versus unrecovered clones using a parental Hit List, which enables straightforward antibody clone recovery; systematic handling of incomplete sequences; fully integrated re-streaking support.
- Bulk Processing of Protein Production Samples: Support of fully automated protein expression and purification equipment and processes (e.g. automated transient transfection robots in 24-tube racks). Bulk create and edit from native Excel files, in addition to file-based uploads; protein purification batches, as well as assays and analytics data for expression constructs, cell lines, protein expression batches.
- Extended Antigen Management: In-house produced antigens and externally-sourced antigen materials; different types of antigens (including cell lines, recombinant versions); integrated material management and availability tracking.
- Dedicated Handling of Externally-sourced Materials: Processing and registration logic for externally sourced antibody molecules (e.g. reference compounds) or protein tools. Specific logic for registration and processing of incomplete information (e.g. lack of sequence information).
- Expansion of Admin UIs: Facilitates data and configuration maintenance tasks enabling application administrators to easily introduce new controlled vocabularies, sequence motifs for automatic sequence annotations, among others.
- Name Generator API: Construct a molecule or sample name by customer-defined rules such as applicable molecules, samples, or for other entities (e.g. for plate name generation). Additional APIs for external registration of actual product protein and protein purification batches for registration in corporate compound registration systems, and others.
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with a portfolio of advanced software solutions, which make research data accessible and understandable and research processes more efficient. These solutions are used worldwide by leading pharmaceutical, industrial and agricultural biotechnology companies as well as academic research organizations. Genedata innovations enable scientific discovery that fights disease and improves health and quality of life worldwide. Founded in 1997, Genedata is headquartered in Switzerland, and has offices in Germany, Japan, and the US. http://www.genedata.com.
The statements in this press release that relate to future plans, events or performance are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including risks associated with uncertainties related to contract cancellations, developing risks, competitive factors, uncertainties pertaining to customer orders, demand for products and services, development of markets for the Company's products and services. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to release publicly the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
All product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Genedata_Biologics/Antibodies/prweb10338700.htm.
Related biology technology :1
Copyright©2012 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Genedata Screener to Present at 10th Annual Ion Channel Retreat2
. Genedata Expressionist® Established as Data Analysis Platform for Oncological Research3
. Genedata Screener for HCS Advances Phenotypic Screening4
. Genedata Screener Adopted for all Plate-based Screening by Major Pharmas5
. Avaxia Biologics, Inc. Raises $2.2 Million in First Closing of Series A Financing to Advance Oral Antibodies for Inflammatory Bowel Disease6
. CMC Biologics Strengthens its Innovative Biomanufacturing Technology Portfolio in Continuous Perfusion Systems7
. Pinnacle Biologics, Inc. Announces the Successful Completion of a Financing Round8
. Avaxia Biologics, Inc. Closes $4.1 Million Series A Financing to Advance Oral Antibodies for Inflammatory Bowel Disease9
. Adeona Becomes Synthetic Biologics, Inc.10
. Synthetic Biologics to Present at ROTH Annual Growth Stock Conference11
. Synthetic Biologics Announces Completion of Enrollment in 164 Patient Clinical Trial of Oral Trimesta™ for Multiple Sclerosis