HCV RNA to levels 3-4 fold lower than IFN alpha 2 drugs.
- Stronger anti-HCV activity in vitro in the HCV genotype 1b
subgenomic replicon assay (BM4-5 cells) as compared to IFN alpha 2.
GEA007.1 exhibits a 7 fold superior inhibitory activity on HCV genotype
1b RNA synthesis compared to IFN alpha 2.
- Viral clearance of HCV genotype 1b replicon subgenome was
obtained in BM4-5 cells after long-term administration (20 days) of
GEA007.1, as evidenced by elimination of HCV genotype 1b RNA (both
strands) replicon genome. In contrast, HCV genotype 1b RNA (both strands)
was still apparent in cells treated with IFN alpha 2 in same conditions.
- No rebound of HCV genotype 1 replication after cessation of
GEA007.1 treatment. HCV subgenomic RNA remained undetectable after 5
passages post-treatment in GEA007.1 treated cells, whereas a low amount
of positive strand HCV subgenomic RNA was maintained in IFN alpha 2
- Similar safety pharmacology in rhesus monkeys (Macaca
mulatta) to IFN alpha 2.
- Importantly, GEA007.1 is a natural human protein, which
means it is already functional and tolerated in man.
CONTACT: Dr. Jean-Louis Escary, CEO
|SOURCE GenOdyssee SA|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved