ASM Conference on Antibacterial DevelopmentPoster presentation:
Monday, December 12 from 7:00pm to 8:30pmPoster title:
#35 Antimicrobial activity of non-hydroxamate LpxC inhibitorsConference location:
Omni Shoreham Hotel
2500 Calvert Street, NM,
Washington, DC 20008
Conference website: http://conferences.asm.org/index.php/upcoming-conferences/asm-conference-on-antibacterial-development
Drug resistant Gram-negative bacteria are regarded as an extremely dangerous public health threat, therefore, novel antibiotics targeting Gram-negative bacteria are desperately needed. LpxC is a highly sought after target only found in Gram-negative bacteria. Forge has discovered novel small molecule inhibitors of LpxC that are potent in vitro, efficacious and tolerated in vivo, and effective against drug resistance mechanisms including mcr-1, KPC, and NDM.
About Forge Therapeutics, Inc.
Forge Therapeutics, Inc. ("Forge") is a biotechnology start-up that leverages its novel chemistry platform to develop small molecule inhibitors to target metalloproteins. Metalloproteins are proteins that require metal ions for their biological function and make up over 1/3 of the proteins in the human body. Forge uses a proprietary approach comprised of molecular modeling for rational drug design along with fundamental knowledge and expertise in bioinorganic chemistry to target metalloproteins. The name Forge Therapeutics comes from two definitions for forge: to manipulate (inhibit) a metal object (metalloprotein) and to move forward steadily with a purpose (the Forge team). Forge Therapeutics, Inc., maintains its headquarters in San Diego, California. To learn more please visit www.ForgeTherapeutics.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150807/256906LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/forge-therapeutics-announces-novel-antibiotic-presentation-at-the-american-society-of-microbiology-conference-on-antibacterial-development-300376235.html
|SOURCE Forge Therapeutics, Inc.|
Copyright©2016 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Don't Forget the Payer in Your Digital Strategy: What Payers Need and Want from Pharma
2. Tor/Forge Launches THE CURE, a Riveting Thriller in the Tradition of Michael Crichton, by the New York Times Bestselling Author of WIRED.
3. Never forget a face
4. Bynder and HubCast Forge Global Partnership for Transformative “Concept to Delivery” Solution
5. Genedata and IntelliCyt Forge Alliance to Transform Cell-based Screening in Drug Discovery
6. Forge Therapeutics Enters Into a Pilot Study with Janssen Research & Development, LLC, to Discover Novel Metalloprotein Inhibitors
7. Forge Therapeutics Co-Founder to Present at the 250th American Chemical Society National Meeting
8. Forge Therapeutics Scientific Co-Founder Bestowed Prestigious National Chemistry Award
9. PointCross Life Sciences And Smithers Avanza Forge Strategic Partnership For SEND Solutions
10. Childhood Leukemias Forged by Different Evolutionary Forces than in Older Adults
11. Peptide Therapeutics Market is Expected to Reach USD 25.4 Billion Globally in 2018: Transparency Market Research