Attendees Learn Latest Advancements, from Medical Records Management to Bioterrorism Preparedness.
Culver City, CA (PRWEB) May 5, 2009 -- SemTech 2009, the fifth annual Semantic Technology Conference and leading forum on real-world commercial, strategic, and future applications of semantic technologies, today announced its sessions on healthcare and related life sciences. Early Registration ends May 8, 2009.
Taking place 14-18 June 2009 at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, California, the five-day event is the most extensive ever assembled, drawing hundreds of executives, technologists, researchers, entrepreneurs, academics, and evangelists from around the world to address best practices on utilizing semantic technologies to manage information across organizations of all sizes.
"Healthcare and life sciences (HCLS) organizations have embraced semantic technologies much earlier than most other industries," said Tony Shaw, SemTech Conference Chair and the Editor of SemanticUniverse.com, "so there is already a growing recognition in the HCLS community about the opportunities provided by semantic approaches. You see applications that range from knowledge discovery and representation for research and drug development, to large scale information sharing and analytics for medical records. The healthcare industry is pioneering a lot of great work in the semantic field."
Globally-recognized industry experts who will speak at SemTech include:
- Nico Adams, University of Cambridge, and Jim Downing, Unilever Centre for Molecular Science Informatics, on "Semantics in Chemistry"
- Steve Ardire, iQuest Analytics, on "Contextual Search and Analysis with Intelligent Discovery for Enterprise Wiki at Large Pharma Organization"
- Robert Coyne, TopQuadrant, and Tim Smith, Procter & Gamble, on "Not Just Your Daddy's Search or Browsing: Enabling Users to Interact with Rich Information Spaces"
- Lee Feigenbaum, Cambridge Semantics Inc, and Jaime Melendez, Merck and Co., on "Making Sense of Spreadsheets in Merck Basic Research: A Semantic Experience"
- Alan Greenblatt, Sciova, on "A Pragmatic Approach to Building Enterprise-class Semantic Applications for Knowledge Sharing and Process Orchestration"
- Lezan Hawizy, University of Cambridge, on "Generating Linked Open Data for Chemistry"
- Jaime Melendez, Merck and Co., and Eric Neumann, Clinical Semantics Group, on "A Semantic Architecture for Biologics Research at Merck"
- Parsa Mirhaji, University of Texas- Houston, on "Adaptive and Integrative Structured Data Entry: Ontology Driven, and Just-in-Time Information Collection and Integration for Disaster and Bioterrorism Preparedness"
- Mark Musen and Natasha Noy, Stanford University, on "BioPortal: A Web Repository and Services for Biomedical Ontologies and Data Resources"
- Chimezie Ogbuji, Cleveland Clinic, on "Semantic Web Technologies as a Framework for Clinical Informatics"
- Chris Pierce, Cleveland Clinic, on "Semantic Approach to Health Care Quality Reporting"
- Darin Stewart, Oregon Health and Science University, on "Taxonomies 101: Designing and Managing Taxonomies as Stepping Stones to Semantics"
- Ivan Herman, World Wide Web Consortium, Ian Horrocks, Oxford University, Deborah McGuinness, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Michael Smith, Clark & Parsia LLC, and Zhe Wu, Oracle, on "Introducing OWL 2: A Panel and Community Discussion"
- Kendall Grant Clark, Clark & Parsia LLC, and Xavier Lopez, Oracle Corp, on "Managing OWL: Using Oracle and Pellet for a Massively Scalable, Highly Expressive OWL Infrastructure"
SemTech 2009's more than 220 hours of technical and business-oriented presentations also include topic areas such as: Business/Marketplace; Collaboration and Social Networks; Data Integration and Mashups; Application Development; Foundational Topics; Government/Military; Finance; Knowledge Engineering and Enterprise Information Management; Linked Data; Publishing; Advertising/Marketing; Semantic Web and Web 3.0; Semantic Rules; Query/Search; Service Oriented Architectures; Ontologies; Taxonomies; and Unstructured Information. For more information and to register, visit SemTech2009.com
Event sponsors and exhibitors include: Platinum -- Metatomix, Oracle, and STI International; Gold -- Calais powered by Thomson Reuters, Collibra, Franz, Ontotext, TopQuadrant, and Zepheira; Silver -- AdaptiveBlue, BBN Technologies, Microsoft Live Search, Ontos, Saltlux, SemanticV, TextWise, and Yahoo!; Exhibiting Sponsors -- Cycorp, Expert System, iQuest, and KBSI. Additional sponsor and exhibitor opportunities are available; contact Steve Bastasini on +1 415 740 5528 or steve(at)semanticuniverse.com for a prospectus.
Media Partners include KMWorld, Mashable, and ReadWriteWeb; to become a media partner or for press and analyst registration, contact Sally Khudairi on +1 617 921 8656 or sk(at)haloworldwide.com.
Now in its fifth year, SemTech is the world's largest conference on semantic technologies. SemTech is the only event focused on the commercialization of semantic technologies, bringing the most recognized names, knowledge, leadership, and innovation in the semantic community together at one location. SemTech is owned and operated by Semantic Universe--the semantic industry's trusted information resource. Semantic Universe is a joint venture between Wilshire Conferences and Semantic Arts, whose portfolio of services and events are the industry standard for education and professional development. They include Enterprise Data World; the international Data Governance series; Designing and Building Business Ontologies; Enterprise Information Management Conference; and Information and Data Quality Conference; as well as the Data Strategy Best Practices Council and Data Strategy Journal. For more information, visit SemanticUniverse.com
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/semtech2009/healthcare/prweb2390584.htm.
Related biology technology :1
Copyright©2009 Vocus, Inc.
All rights reserved
. Fifth DuraHeart(TM) U.S. Implant Marks Important Milestone in U.S. Pivotal Trial2
. Althea Technologies Receives Fast Growth Honors: Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and San Diego Business Journal Fast 100 Awards for the Fifth Consecutive Year3
. CSMG Technologies Announces Key Fifth U.S. Tissue Bonding/Welding Patent Approved4
. Creators of Britains Innovation Economy to Showcase the Technologies of the Future at the Fifth SETsquared Partnership Showcase 20085
. Pressure Cycling Technology (PCT) Highlighted in Five Podium Presentations at the Fifth International Conference on High Pressure; PBI Introduces the Patent-pending PCT Shredder at the Meeting6
. Genmab Reaches Fifth Milestone in Ofatumumab Collaboration7
. 2008 Kansas Day of Innovation Featuring the Fifth Annual Great Plains Capital Conference Scheduled for September8
. Fifth Annual Healthcare Unbound Conference to Focus on Remote Monitoring, Home Telehealth & eHealth for Disease Management & Wellness Promotion9
. WaferGen to Present at the Rodman and Renshaw Fifth Annual Global Healthcare Conference10
. WaferGen to Present at the Cambridge Health Institutes Fifth Annual Molecular Diagnostics Partnerships in Personalized Medicine Conference11
. U.S. FDA Licenses DAPTACEL(R) Vaccine for the Fifth Consecutive Dose in the Pediatric DTaP Immunization Series