Abbott and HIV
Abbott has been a leader in HIV/AIDS research since the early years of the epidemic. In 1985, the company developed the first licensed test to detect HIV antibodies in the blood and has marketed more than 20 HIV tests on six testing platforms to meet the unique customer needs in the United States and internationally. Abbott has developed two protease inhibitors for the treatment of HIV.
About Abbott's Diagnostics Businesses
Abbott is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics and offers a broad range of innovative instrument systems and tests for hospitals, reference labs, molecular labs, blood banks, physician offices and clinics. With more than 69,000 customers in more than 100 countries, Abbott's diagnostic products offer customers automation, convenience, bedside testing, cost effectiveness and flexibility. Abbott has helped transform the practice of medical diagnosis from an art to a science through the company's commitment to improving patient care.
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 83,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
Abbott's news releases and other information are available on the company's Web site at '/>"/>
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Aeterna Zentaris: FDA Approves Investigational New Drug (IND) Application for Doxorubicin Targeted Conjugate Compound, AEZS-108, in Bladder Cancer
2. FDA Approves Five-Day Dosing Regimen for Dacogen(R) (decitabine) for Injection, Offering a New Outpatient Dosing Option for Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
3. European Union Approves Corn Stack with Herculex RW and Roundup Ready 2 Traits for Food, Feed, Import and Processing
4. EU Committee Approves New Food Applications for Marteks lifesDHA(TM)
5. EU Committee Approves New Food Applications for Martek's life'sDHA™
6. Photos: FDA Approves 12-Month Labeling Update for EVOLENCE(R) Collagen-Based Facial Filler
7. FDA Approves Labeling Change for VYVANSE(R) (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) CII to Include Supplementary Clinical Data Supporting Efficacy at 13 Hours Postdose in Children Aged 6 to 12 with ADHD
8. FDA Approves Boston Scientifics Next-Generation TAXUS(R) Liberte(R) Atom(TM) Stent System
9. Arpida Annual General Meeting of Shareholders Approves All Board Proposals
10. Health Canada Approves SIMPONI(TM) (golimumab) for Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis
11. FDA Approves Label Change for Non-Invasive Fibroid Treatment