The statements contain herein include forward-looking statements.
Although we believe our expectations are based on reasonable assumptions,
any forward-looking statements, by their very nature, involve risks and
uncertainties and may be influenced by factors that could cause actual
outcomes and results to be materially different from those predicted. The
forward-looking statements reflect knowledge and information available at
the date of the preparation of this press release and the Company
undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from
those contained in forward-looking statements, certain of which are beyond
our control, include, among other things, those risk factors identified in
the Company's Annual Report/Form 20-F for 2007. Nothing contained herein
should be construed as a profit forecast.
* Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale: a 10-item scale that measures severity of symptoms on a scale of 0 to 6.(7)
** Young Mania Rating Scale: an 11-item scale that measures severity of manic symptoms. Four core symptoms (irritability, speech, content, and disruptive/aggressive behavior) were measured on an 8-point scale; the remaining items were measured on a 4-point scale.(9)
1. Data on file, DA-SXR-270636.
2. American Psychiatric Association (APA). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington,
DC: APA; 2000; pp. 382-397.
3. Hirschfeld RMA, Calabrese JR, Weissman MM, et al. Screening for
Bipolar in the Community. J Clin Psychiatry. 2003; 64:53-59.
4. US Bureau of the Census. Available at: http://www.census.gov/popest/national/asrh/NC-EST2005/NC-EST2005-02.xls.
Accessed October 8, 2008.
5. SEROQUEL XR(TM) (quetiapine fu
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved