Standard approaches to synthesizing oligonucleotides—commonly used as primers for PCR, qPCR, and next-generation sequencing-based workflows—produce much more DNA than scientists need, forcing them to pay for excess material that will never be used. The new Eurofins Genomics synthesis platform was engineered for scalability, producing both small synthesis scale (down to 0.5 nanomoles) to very large orders of DNA. By allowing scientists to choose how much DNA to buy, this service will reduce costs and enable users to perform more experiments on the same budget.
Eurofins Genomics has made a series of recent improvements to its oligo synthesis services. In the U.S. and Canada, orders for oligos meeting the specified scale, length and purification criteria and placed as late as 5:00 p.m. are eligible for same-day synthesis and overnight shipping for no additional surcharge. The company also launched EXTREmer oligonucleotides, extremely long oligos produced at low yield and with low error rates, which are ideal for synthetic biology and CRISPR experiments. In addition, the company has expanded the hours of operation for its service lab to include Sundays, so is now running seven days a week and virtually around the clock to ensure reliability for customers.
"By completely reimagining the synthesis process, including applying tenants of aerospace engineering, we have created a new platform that will help users accelerate their science while ensuring the quality and reliability of their results," said Martin Kunz, President, Eurofins Genomics US. "We have been very encouraged by feedback about our next-generation synthesis technology from customers in our beta program and are pleased to expand its availability to more scientists in the U.S."
To learn more about all of the products and services offered by Eurofins Genomics, visit www.eurofinsgenomics.com.
About Eurofins Genomics
Eurofins Genomics company is an international provider of DNA sequencing services, genotyping services, DNA synthesis products, and bioinformatics services for pharma, diagnostics, food, agriculture, biotechnological, and research markets. Eurofins Genomics operates leading R&D and production sites in the USA, Canada, Germany, India, and Japan.
Eurofins Genomics is the genomic services brand of the Eurofins Group, the worldwide leader in food, environmental and pharmaceutical testing. With EUR 2.54 billion in annual revenues and over 27,000 employees across over 310 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories providing a unique range of analytical testing services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments. The Group provides its customers with high-quality services, accurate results on time and expert advice by its highly qualified staff.
© Eurofins MWG Operon, LLC. A Eurofins Genomics Company
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eurofins-genomics-us-announces-commercial-launch-of-next-generation-dna-synthesis-service-300423119.html
Related biology technology :
1. Express Genes by Eurofins MWG Operon Offers 4 Day Delivery of Synthetic Genes
2. SimpleSeq Webless by Eurofins MWG Operon for Order-Free DNA Sequencing
3. Eurofins MWG Operon Quality Assurance Group Completes ISO Certifications for Their New Overnight Sequencing Lab
4. Eurofins MWG Operon, Inc. Names James Corne as Director of Marketing
5. Eurofins Pharma Discovery Services Launches New eCommerce Platform for Drug Discovery Products
6. Eurofins Microbiology Opens State-of-the-Art Laboratory in Louisville, KY
7. Eurofins Genomics Looks to Disrupt DNA Synthesis Market with Smaller-Scale, High-Throughput Service Featuring Rapid Turnaround and Lower Price
8. Clarification on Eurofins Scientific, Inc. (US) Announcement of the Appointment of Sean Murray
9. Eurofins Genomics Launches EXTREmers - Extremely Long Oligonucleotides
10. Eurofins Genomics Expands Express Oligo Service
11. Genomics Data Management Leader Annai Systems Offers Shortcut to Analysis