CHARENTON-LE-PONT, France, August 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
- A Solid First-Half Performance
- Net Profit Up 16.8% at Constant Exchange Rates
- Essilor Launches a Share Buyback Program
The Board of Directors of Essilor International, the world leader in ophthalmic optics, has approved the financial statements for the six months ended June 30, 2008.
EUR millions First-half 2008 First-half 2007 % change % change
Revenue 1,520.2 1,476.9 +2.9% +9.6%
Contribution margin 18.2% 18.1% - -
Profit attributable 198.3 181.9 +9.0% +16.8%
to equity holders of
Basic earnings per 0.96 0.88(1) +8.1% +15.8%
share (in EUR)
(1) Adjusted for the two-for-one stock split on July 16, 2007
The highlights of the first half were:
- Growth (excluding the currency effect) of 9.6%
- Sustained business growth in North America, Latin America,
the ASEAN countries, China and India.
- Successful new products, notably the sixth-generation of
Transitions(R) variable-tint lenses and Crizal Avance(TM)
anti-reflective lenses with Scotchgard(TM) Protector.
- High profitability, with a contribution margin of 18.2% that
was slightly higher than the figure reported for full-year 2007.
- A 9% increase in profit attributable to equity holders of
Essilor International, for a net margin of 13%.
- An ongoing external growth strategy, with the acquisition of
13 companies representing approximately EUR70 million in full-year
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved