AMSTERDAM, July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced that it is pleased to have the opportunity to participate in SCOAP3 (Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics), a new model for open access publishing. Key SCOAP3 principles are perpetual open access, wide re-use licenses, and reduction and re-direction of subscription fees to centrally cover for article processing charges in journals carrying SCOAP3 content, with no charges to authors.
"After many years of intense preparations, we are excited to be a part of this important initiative," said Charon Duermeijer, Publishing Director and head of Elsevier's Physics journals. "Elsevier is looking forward to a close, fruitful and long-lasting collaboration with SCOAP3 and the High Energy Physics community."
Under SCOAP3 two well-established Elsevier journals -- Physics LettersB and Nuclear PhysicsB -- will change from a subscription based model into an open access model by the start of 2014. Both journals are fully focused on publications from the High Energy Physics field. Articles funded by SCOAP3 will be available open access in perpetuity, under a CC-BY license.
"SCOAP3 is pleased that Physics Letters B and Nuclear Physics B participate in this initiative, as these journals have played since long an important role in High-Energy Physics literature," said Salvatore Mele, SCOAP3 project manager at CERN.
Acting for the benefit of SCOAP3
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Elsevier Supports International Crisis Aid Through Pillars of Hope Campaign
2. Elsevier / MEDai Appoints Tom Zajac as New President
3. Elsevier Collaborates with the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.)
4. Elsevier and Federation of Biochemical Societies Launch New Journal: FEBS Open Bio
5. Elsevier Foundation Awards 2011 Grants to Advance Women in Science and Support Libraries in Developing Countries
6. Elsevier Acquires QUOSA, Provider of Life Sciences Content Management and Workflow Productivity Solutions
7. Elsevier Launches Bilingual International Nursing Skill Training and Management Platform: NursingChina.com
8. Leading German Researcher Awarded Elseviers 2011 Tetrahedron Prize
9. Elsevier/Gold Standard Exclusive Publisher of New Predictive Drug Price Type
10. Elsevier Collaborates With Prophecy Healthcare to Enhance Its Staff Development Offerings for Healthcare Organizations
11. Elsevier Launches New Journal: Learning, Culture and Social Interaction