"This is a beautiful facility that brings numerous benefits to Atlanta and the State of Georgia," says David Hartnett, Vice President, Economic Development, Bioscience-Health IT, Metro Atlanta Chamber. "Not only does it provide an ideal setting for learning, but the LINC has educational exhibits that demonstrate Elekta's leadership in advancing cancer care. This facility enhances and solidifies Georgia's leadership position in the fields of cancer treatment and research."
For further information, please contact:
Johan Andersson, Director, Investor Relations, Elekta AB
Tel: +46 702 100 451, email: email@example.com
Time zone: CET: Central European Time
Michelle Joiner, Director, Global Public Relations and Brand Management, Elekta
Tel: +1 770-670-2447, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Time zone: ET: Eastern Time
Elekta is a human care company pioneering significant innovations and clinical solutions for treating cancer and brain disorders. The company develops sophisticated, state-of-the-art tools and treatment planning systems for radiation therapy, radiosurgery and brachytherapy, as well as workflow enhancing software systems across the spectrum of cancer care. Stretching the boundaries of science and technology, providing intelligent and resource-efficient solutions that offer confidence to both healthcare providers and patients, Elekta aims to improve, prolong and even save patient lives.
Today, Elekta solutions in oncology and neurosurgery are used in over 6,000 hospitals worldwide. Elekta employs around 3,500 employees globally. The corporate headquarters is located in
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Elekta President and CEO Tomas Puusepp Pledges Support in Addressing Global Cancer Challenge at World Cancer Leaders Summit in Montreal
2. Elektas Monaco System Used for First Time to Create VMAT Plan for Delivery on Varian Treatment System
3. Elekta and Philips Gain MD Anderson Cancer Center as Collaborator in Research Consortium on MRI-Guided Radiation Therapy
4. First Free-Standing International Mesothelioma Research Laboratory Opens in Los Angeles
5. CoreLab Partners Opens Office in Tokyo, Japan
6. Alchem International Opens Sales and Marketing Office in the U.S.
7. Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst Opens With Exciting Year Ahead
8. PRA Opens Office in Singapore
9. Discovery opens door to low-cost negative refraction, new products and industries
10. Sigma-Aldrich Opens New Wuxi Packaging and Quality Control Facilities to Enhance Capabilities Serving China and Asia-Pacific Region
11. Data mining opens the door to predictive neuroscience