SEATTLE, June 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Dendreon Corporation (Nasdaq: DNDN) today announced that David C. Stump, M.D., has been elected to the Company's Board of Directors. Dr. Stump is currently executive vice president of research and development for Human Genome Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: HGSI), where he has been a member of its management committee since 1999.
"We welcome Dave to Dendreon's Board of Directors. With more than 20 years of experience in global drug development and clinical research, Dave is an ideal addition to our board, particularly as Dendreon initiates its ex-U.S. strategy and expands its clinical development program to develop new and innovative treatment options for cancer patients," said Richard B. Brewer, chairman of the Dendreon Board of Directors.
Prior to joining Human Genome Sciences, Inc., Dr. Stump held positions of increasing responsibility over a decade at Genentech, Inc., including vice president of clinical research. He was named a Genentech Fellow in 1996 for leadership of its cardiovascular drug development activities. In his later roles he was also responsible for pulmonary, oncology, and neuroendocrine clinical development programs. He served as a member of the research review, clinical review, and product development committees which were responsible for oversight of all internal and external research and development opportunities. Prior to Genentech, Dr. Stump served as associate professor of medicine and biochemistry at the University of Vermon
SOURCE Dendreon Corporation
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Dendreon Announces Publication of Phase 1 Study Highlighting Immunologic and Clinical Activity of Lapuleucel-T (Neuvenge(R)) in Advanced Breast Cancer Patients
2. Dendreon Announces Webcast Presentation at UBS Life Sciences Conference
3. Dendreon Secures $130 Million Committed Equity Financing Facility
4. Dendreon Announces Webcast Presentations at Upcoming Investor Conferences
5. Dendreon Reports Third Quarter 2007 Financial Results
6. Dendreon Promotes Dr. Mark Frohlich to Senior Vice President of Clinical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer
7. Dendreon Announces Webcast Presentation at BIO CEO & Investor Conference
8. Dendreon Publishes Manuscript on CD54 as a Surrogate Marker of Antigen Presenting Cell Activation
9. -Dendreon to Hold Conference Call on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM ET-
10. FDA Agrees to Amend Dendreons Special Protocol Assessment for Phase 3 IMPACT Study of PROVENGE
11. Dendreon Reports Fourth Quarter and 2007 Year End Financial Results