LAS VEGAS, Sept. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Cord Blood America, Inc. (http://www.cordblood-america.com) (OTC Bulletin Board: CBAI), the umbilical cord blood stem cell preservation company focused on bringing the life saving potential of stem cells, a biological insurance policy, to families nationwide and internationally, said today that Matthew Schissler, its co-founder and CEO, was interviewed by analyst Francis Gaskins on the Company's current accomplishments and future business strategies.
The entire interview is available at:
- Progress continues in China, with expectations that a temporary laboratory will be in place this year and the processing of samples can begin in 2010, which will derive revenues for Cord Blood America. The major, permanent, state-of-the-art laboratory being constructed there will be completed in two – three years.
- The Company will close its acquisition of controlling interest in BioCells, Inc., Buenos Aires, Argentina, shortly. "Argentina is a fast growing market and gives us the opportunity to expand throughout South and Central America," Mr. Schissler said. Also, because the company is profitable, the acquisition will produce positive results for Cord Blood America from the first day. Mr. Schissler said significant translation issues with a large number of documents slowed the process from an August closing.
- "Afford-A-Cord," which Cord Blood America announced with fanfare in June, which allows families to store their baby's umbilical cord blood at a significantly reduced rate at the time of birth, has increased in sales each month it has been offered. Mr. Schissler said there is an educational process involved but the Company is very encouraged by results up to this time.
- The collection of placentas by CBAI for a major tissue bank in the U.S. now accounts for five percent of the Company's revenues, with significant growth expected. "We will continue to focus on adding other revenue diversification programs, which reduces risk and makes our revenue model more secure," Mr. Schissler said.
- Finally, Cord Blood America's CEO said, "Profitability is the Company's number one goal and, once profitable, this will open up larger and better opportunities for CBAI's future."
About Cord Blood America
Cord Blood America is the parent company of CorCell, which facilitates umbilical cord blood stem cell preservation for expectant parents and their children. Its mission is to be the most respected stem cell preservation company in the industry. Collected through a safe and non-invasive process, cord blood stem cells offer a powerful and potentially life-saving resource for treating a growing number of ailments, including cancer, leukemia, blood, and immune disorders. To find out more about Cord Blood America, Inc., visit our website at http://www.corcell.com/. For investor information, visit http://www.cordblood-america.com/.
Related biology technology :1
|SOURCE Cord Blood America, Inc.|
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. China Cord Blood Corporation to Launch Warrant Exchange Offer2
. China Cord Blood Corporation Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2011 Financial Results3
. Cord Blood America Says Outreach Program to OB/GYN Nurses, Insurance Case Workers, Paying Significant Dividends4
. New Research Demonstrates Safety of Cord-blood-derived Stem Cell Treatments5
. Cord Blood America CEO Updates Investors on Financial Developments and Stem Cell News in Interview6
. Cord Blood America Reports 12% Increase in 2010 Second Quarter Revenue7
. China Cord Blood Corporation Announces Cancellation of Nine Million Management Incentive Warrants8
. China Cord Blood Corporation Joins Russell Global Index9
. Progenika Biopharma Grants Grifols World-Wide Distribution Rights for the BLOODCHIP® Genotyping Test for Blood Donors10
. Leading Cord Blood Experts Clarify Their Support of CORD:USE Family Cord Blood Bank11
. Scientists Give the Go-Ahead for Private Storage of Stem Cells From Umbilical Cord Blood