costs ($7.2 million) and a significant one-time charitable
contribution ($4.0 million). In 2006, to exclude charges associated
with the settlement of the PROVIGIL patent litigation ($6.0 million)
and employee severance costs associated with the European integration
and restructuring ($4.0 million).
(4) To exclude the reserve established for the agreement in principle
reached with the U.S. Attorney's Office in Philadelphia.
(5) To exclude the forgiveness of a mortgage loan by the Pennsylvania
Industrial Development Board.
(6) To exclude the pre-tax gain related to the sale of certain
(7) To reflect the tax effect of pre-tax adjustments at the applicable tax
rates and certain other tax adjustments primarily related to changes
in valuation allowances and other changes in tax assets and
(8) To exclude the U.S. Department of Defense ("DoD") Tricare program
reversal as a result of the U.S. Court of Appeals September 2006
(9) To exclude charges related to the impairment of an intangible asset.
(10) To exclude the write-off of other acquired in-process research and
(11) To exclude the debt exchange expense associated with the December
2006 exchanges of $337.0 million of zero coupon convertible
subordinated notes and $100.0 million of 2% senior subordinated
(12) To exclude the write-off of deferred debt issuance costs related to
the Zero Coupon convertible subordinated notes.
(13) Amounts shown no longer exclude the impact of SFAS 123(R). The
earnings press release issued on February 12, 2007 reflected
adjustments of $15.3 million in each of Research and development and
|SOURCE Cephalon, Inc.|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved