(6) To reflect the tax effect of pre-tax adjustments at the applicable tax
rates and certain other tax adjustments primarily related to changes
in valuation allowances and other changes in tax assets and
(7) To exclude the DoD Tricare program reversal as a result of the U.S.
Court of Appeals September 2006 ruling.
(8) To exclude charges associated with the settlement of the PROVIGIL
patent litigation ($6.0 million) and employee severance costs
associated with the European integration and restructuring ($4.0
(9) To exclude charges related to the impairment of an intangible asset.
(10) To exclude the write-off of deferred debt issuance costs related to
the Zero Coupon convertible subordinated notes.
(11) Amounts shown no longer exclude the impact of SFAS 123(R). The
earnings press release issued on November 2, 2006 reflected
adjustments of $11.6 million in each of Research and development and
Selling, general and administrative expenses and $8.8 million in
Income tax expense related to SFAS 123(R).
CEPHALON, INC. AND SUBSIDIARIES
"ADJUSTED" CONSOLIDATED SALES DETAIL *
Three Months Ended
States Europe Total
PROVIGIL $202,202 $14,904 $217,106
GABITRIL 12,952 881 13,833
CNS 215,154 15,785 230,939
|SOURCE Cephalon, Inc.|
Copyright©2007 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved