"The discoveries and presentations shared during COG 2010 clearly show the role of Caliper's technologies in enabling experimentation that bridges the gap between in vitro assays and in vivo results," Hrusovsky said. "We are collaborating with our customers to make pioneering experimentation possible by creating solutions that improve data quality, increase throughput, and reduce the cost per data point."
Throughout the meeting, customer presentations focused on how advances in laboratory tools are accelerating experimentation, improving the predictive nature of discovery research, and providing scientists with high quality data throughout the drug development process. This contributes to an increase in the overall success rate of pharmaceutical R&D efforts and helps bring new, cutting-edge treatments to market faster and cheaper.
More than 200 attendees participated in the meeting, held at Caliper's Hopkinton headquarters. The event featured over 35 presentations from researchers representing life sciences companies and institutions, including Pfizer, Bristol Myers Squibb, Biogen Idec, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Millennium, Momenta Pharmaceuticals, ArQule, EMD-Merck, New England Biolabs, Epicentre, Covaris, Machery Nagel, Transgenomics, Access Genetics, PhyNexus, SRU Biosystems, Harvard, Stanford, University of North Caroli
SOURCE Caliper Life Sciences, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Caliper Life Sciences to Webcast Investor Session of Open House
2. Caliper Life Sciences to Present at Jefferies 2010 Global Life Sciences Conference
3. Caliper Enhances Strategic Focus and Increases Growth Capital with Sale of Product Lines to Biotage
4. Caliper Awarded Additional Task Order for EPA ToxCast Program
5. Caliper Life Sciences to Present at Deutsche Banks 35th Annual Health Care Conference
6. Caliper Life Sciences Launches LabChip(R) XT for Next Generation Sequencing Applications
7. Caliper Life Sciences Launches Living Image(R) 4.0 Software
8. Caliper Life Sciences Expands Suite of Reagents Supporting the IVIS Family of In Vivo Imaging Systems
9. Caliper Life Sciences Launches IVIS(R) In Vivo Imaging System with X-Ray
10. Caliper Life Sciences Reports Second Quarter 2009 Results
11. Caliper Life Sciences Second Quarter 2009 Financial Results Conference Call Notice