SAN DIEGO, July 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Biotech Investment Group. LLC ("BiG") and Formex, LLC ("Formex") announced today that BiG recently completed the asset purchase of PharmaForm and launched Formex, LLC, a leader in small molecule formulation for the pharmaceutical and biotechnolgy industry.
Having acquired the assets of PharmaForm, the Biotech Investment Group began operations of its newly created subsidiary, Formex, located in the Torrey Pines area of San Diego, California.
Formex, a leader in Hot Melt Extrusion, Spray Dried Dispersions and Drug Layering is poised to be the premier provider in the contract pharmaceutical formulation and clinical manufacturing service sectors.
Formex has assembled an experienced scientific team of industry professionals with extensive knowledge in pharmaceutical formulation development and cGMP manufacturing of small molecule, solid dose products.
Formex currently utilizes 45,000 sq. ft. of its 80,000 sq. ft. facility in Torrey Pines, California
Formex has over 25,000 sq. ft. of cGMP clinical and commercial manufacturing space. This includes 17 separate and dedicated cGMP suites. Formex has suites qualified and dedicated for cytotoxic compound handling as well as potent compound handling.
The Formex facility has over 40,000 sq. ft. dedicated to R&D, analytical labs and cGMP ICH stability storage.
With temperature controlled cGMP warehouses and the entire facility on a dedicated backup generator system, Formex operates a world-class facility of cGMP and R&D labs that is among the best for a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Situated on top of the hill in Torrey Pines
SOURCE Biotechnology Investment Group LLC; Formex LLC
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. BioTech Companies in the News - Alliqua, Transition Therapeutics, Organovo, MiMedx Group, Keryx Biopharmaceuticals
2. TriMix for Travel Now Available at KRS Global Biotechnology
3. Chief Medical Officer Summit for Biotechs Goes West
4. PROLOR Biotech To Present New Data On Its Long-Acting Human Growth Hormone And Long-Acting Oxyntomodulin At ENDO 2013
5. Zacks Investment Ideas feature highlights: Market Vectors Biotech ETF, iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF, Regeneron, Celgene and First Trust Amex Biotechnology Index Fund
6. MedReps.com Report Shows Biotech Workers Earn the Most in Medical Sales
7. Biotechnology Master’s at UMBC Shady Grove - Virtual Info Session to Be Held on June 26
8. Verenium To Sponsor And Present At The 2013 Bio World Congress On Industrial Biotechnology
9. Biotech Services Take Advantage of Technological Revolution through Innovations - Research Report on Life Technologies, PerkinElmer, PAREXEL, Genomic Health, and Bio-Reference
10. BioConvergence® Launches New Blog Aimed at Exploring Best Practices of Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries
11. NW Bios Dr. Marnix Bosch To Present At Brain Tumor Biotech Summit In New York