• A number of market players have formed strategic alliances for the development and sharing of technology for biomarker applications in the late stage clinical trials.
• Pharmaceutical companies are focusing mainly on cancer biomarkers for use in late stage (Phase III and IV) clinical trials.
Key questions answered• How is the biomarker late stage clinical trials market segmented and what will growth be to 2014?
• What are the major technologies that have emerged such as microarrays, PCR, LC/MS and GC/MS?
• In which areas are the companies focusing while forming strategic alliances with other industrial players?
• What is the competitive landscape and what is the strategic focus of innovator companies, CROs and biomarker specialists?
• What applications are pharmaceutical companies focusing on while conducting late stage biomarker clinical trials?
Companies mentionedAbbott , Astra Zeneca , Bayer Schering Pharma , Boehringer Ingelheim , Bristol-Myers Squibb , Covance , Eisai Co. Ltd , Eli Lilly , GSK , ICON plc , Merck and Co. Inc. , Novartis , Pfizer , Roche , Sanofi-Aventis , Takeda Pharmaceuticals
Table of ContentsBiomarkers in Late Stage Clinical Trials
Executive summary 12
Market dynamics 12
Biomarker activity at leading pharma companies 13
Applications of biomarkers in clinical trials 13
Biomarker market for late stage clinical trials by tools and services 14
Company profiles 15
Chapter 1 Market dynamics 18
Factors influencing biomarker adoption in clinical trials 22
Investment scenario for late stage clinical trials 22
Cost of clinical trials: early stage v
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved