Edematous fibrosclerotic panniculopathy, commonly known as cellulite, describes a condition in which lobules of subcutaneous adipose tissue extend into the dermal layer. Cellulite can involve the loss of elasticity or shrinking of collagen cords, called septae, that attach the skin to lower layers of muscle. When fat in cellulite prone areas swells and expands, the septae tether the skin, which causes surface dimpling characteristic of cellulite. These changes can visibly affect the shape of the epidermis and resemble an orange peel-like dimpling of the skin.
About BioSpecifics Technologies Corp.
BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. is a biopharmaceutical company that has developed injectable collagenase for twelve clinical indications to date. Injectable collagenase is approved for marketing as XIAFLEX® (collagenase clostridium histolyticum or CCH) in the U.S. for the treatment of adult Dupuytren's contracture patients with a palpable cord in the palm and for Peyronie's disease in men with a palpable plaque and a curvature deformity of 30 degrees or greater at the start of therapy by BioSpecifics' partner, Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Auxilium). Auxilium has the following partnerships outside the U
SOURCE BioSpecifics Technologies Corp.
Copyright©2014 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Announces Appointment of George Gould to Board of Directors
2. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Announces Presentations at Two Upcoming Investor Conferences in March
3. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Reports Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
4. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. To Present at UBS Global Life Sciences Conference
5. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
6. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Investor Presentation Now Available for On-demand Viewing at RetailInvestorConferences.com
7. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Announces Partnership between Auxilium and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB for XIAPEX in Eurasia and Africa
8. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. to Host Conference Call to Report Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results on Tuesday, November 12, 2013
9. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Announces Top-line Data from Phase 2 Trial of CCH for Canine Lipoma
10. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Reports Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
11. Palatin Technologies, Inc. to Report Fiscal Year 2012 First Quarter Results; Teleconference and Webcast to be held on November 15, 2011