LYNBROOK, N.Y., July 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ: BSTC), a biopharmaceutical company developing first in class collagenase-based products marketed as XIAFLEX® in the U.S, today announced that its partner Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Auxilium) has entered into a collaboration with Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB (Sobi) for the long-term development, supply and commercialization of XIAPEX (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for the treatment of Dupuytren's contracture. Additionally, the process is underway to file for approval of XIAPEX for the treatment of Peyronie's disease in the EU.
"We believe this strategic collaboration with Sobi will enable further growth of XIAPEX in the EU and additional regions. The expanded sales territory now includes a total of 71 countries which will continue the upward momentum of getting this treatment to new audiences. Sobi has a proven track record of commercializing innovative products and we are excited about reaching patients with these unmet medical needs through this collaboration," reflected Thomas L. Wegman, President of BioSpecifics. "We look forward to further news this quarter with the potential approval of XIAFLEX in the U.S. for Peyronie's disease."
According to Auxilium, Sobi will receive exclusive rights to commercialize XIAPEX for Dupuytren's contracture in 71 Eurasian and African countries under this agreement. Sobi will receive exclusive rights to commercialize XIAPEX for Dupuytren's contracture and Peyronie's disease, subject to applicable regulatory approvals, in 28 EU member countries, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, 18 Central Eastern Europe/Commonwealth of Independent countries, including Russia'/>"/>
SOURCE BioSpecifics Technologies Corp.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Announces Appointment of George Gould to Board of Directors
2. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Announces Presentations at Two Upcoming Investor Conferences in March
3. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Reports Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
4. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. To Present at UBS Global Life Sciences Conference
5. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
6. BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. Investor Presentation Now Available for On-demand Viewing at RetailInvestorConferences.com
7. Palatin Technologies, Inc. to Report Fiscal Year 2012 First Quarter Results; Teleconference and Webcast to be held on November 15, 2011
8. UV Flu Technologies Expands Its International Footprint
9. Palatin Technologies, Inc. Reports First Quarter Fiscal Year 2012 Results; Teleconference and Webcast to be held on November 15, 2011
10. OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. Announces Definitive Distribution Agreement in Italy
11. Hologic to Showcase 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis) and Other Advanced Womens Imaging Technologies at RSNA 2011, the Largest Radiology Show in the World