"We are excited to be taking this first big step with Isis toward completion of their new R&D facility," said Alan D. Gold, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BioMed. "Isis has been a groundbreaking life science company in antisense drugs and technology and a key partner for BioMed in the San Diego market since 2005. We look forward to working closely with the Isis team on this build-to-suit and continuing to be their strategic real estate partner for many years to come."
Designed by the architectural firm of DGA of San Diego, the facility is being constructed by DPR Construction, Inc. of San Diego.
About BioMed Realty Trust
BioMed Realty Trust, Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on Providing Real Estate to the Life Science Industry®. The company's tenants primarily include biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, scientific research institutions, government agencies and other entities involved in the life science industry. BioMed owns or has interests in 73 properties, representing 120 buildings with approximately 11.0 million rentable square feet. The company's properties are located predominantly in the major U.S. life science markets of Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Ma
SOURCE BioMed Realty Trust, Inc.
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Biomedical Structures Receives Growth Capital from Ampersand Ventures to Fund Ongoing Expansion
2. BioMed Realty Trust to Webcast Company Presentation at Investor Day 2010
3. BioMed Realty, L.P. Prices Private Offering of $250 Million of 6.125% Senior Unsecured Notes Due 2020
4. BioMed Realty Trust Declares First Quarter 2010 Common Stock and Preferred Stock Dividends
5. Outreach Program to Increase Awareness of New Advances in Biomedical Research to Treat Down Syndrome Cognitive Impairment
6. BioMed Realty Trust Expands Lease With Ironwood Pharmaceuticals for 50,000 Square Feet in Cambridge, Massachusetts
7. NIH Director Francis Collins to Speak at National Press Club February 26 on A New Era of Quantum Leaps in Biomedical Research
8. Biomedical Industry Jobs Critical to Californias Economic Recovery, Finds California Healthcare Institute and PricewaterhouseCoopers
9. BioMed Realty Trust to Report 2009 Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results
10. ALS Therapy Development Institute and Oxford BioMedica Begin Second Phase of Collaboration to Develop Gene Therapies for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
11. A Recovery Act Success Story: NIH Funding of Biomedical Innovation Is Creating Jobs, Fueling Industry Growth, and Helping Reduce Long-term Health Care Costs