ROCKVILLE, Md., Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BioHealth Innovation, Inc. (BHI), a regional private-public partnership focusing on commercializing market-relevant biohealth innovations and increasing access to early-stage funding in Central Maryland, announced today the formation of its Commercial Relevance Advisory Board (CRAB). Members of the CRAB represent diverse business and academic organizations from throughout the region, such as venture capital firm New Enterprise Associates, Ernst & Young, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the University of Maryland (UMD), Johns Hopkins University, and leading biotechnology companies.
The CRAB will assist BHI in evaluating market-relevant research and product development opportunities as well as help determine the commercial applicability of emerging entrepreneurs, companies and their science or technology. BHI will utilize feedback from CRAB members as part of its due diligence process for establishing formal client relationships and potentially future investments.
CRAB members include:
- Jesse Baumgold, Principal, BioEnterprises, LLC
- Dan Bednarik , Senior Director, MEU Operations, Intrexon Corporation
- Judy Britz , Executive Director, Maryland Biotechnology Center
- Steve Canaras, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Edward Chan , NaviMed Capital
- Martha Connolly , Director, Maryland Industrial Partnerships (MIPS), UMD
- Tom Dann , Managing Director of Equity Funds, Maryland Venture Fund, Maryland State Department of Business & Economic Development
- Brian Darmody , Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development, UMD
- Doug Doerfler , President & CEO, MaxCyte Inc.
- Moustapha El Amine , Senior Director, Scientific Services, Emergent BioSolutions
- Bill Enright , President & CEO, Vaxin Inc.
- Elizabeth Good , Director, Ventures, Johns Hopkins University
- Jim Hughes , Chief Enterprise and Economic Development Officer/Vice President at UMD Baltimore, & Director, UM Ventures
- Rachel King , CEO, GlycoMimetics, Inc.
- James Lee , Executive Vice President/CFO, Adventist Healthcare
- Raj Malik, Co-Founder & CEO, Infusd
- Ken Malone , Principal, Early Charm Ventures, LLC
- Arumani Manisundaram, Director, Center of Connected Health, Adventist Healthcare
- Chris Meenan , Director, Clinical Informatics, School of Medicine, UMD
- Arkesh Mehta, CEO, Chikujee Therapeutics
- Cheryl Moore , Executive Vice President & COO, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Sara Nayeem , Principal, New Enterprise Associates
- Jerry Parrott , Principal, Jerry Parrott LLC and Chair and President, Maryland Health Care Product Development Corporation
- Joana Rosario , Principal, J. Rosario et Al, LLC
- Rob Rosenbaum , President & Executive Director, TEDCO
- Vin Singh , CEO, Next Healthcare, Inc.
- Gayatri Varma , Executive Director, Office of Technology Commercialization, UMD
About BioHealth Innovation, Inc.
BioHealth Innovation, Inc., is a regional innovation intermediary focused on commercializing market-relevant bio-health innovations and increasing access to early-stage funding in Maryland. Learn more at www.biohealthinnovation.org.
Related biology technology :1
|SOURCE BioHealth Innovation, Inc.|
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
. BioHealth Innovation, Inc. Appoints Qiagens Douglas Liu to Board of Directors2
. Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore Inks Business Partnership with BioHealth Innovation to Bring Health and Life Sciences Research to Market3
. BioHealth Innovation, Inc. Caps Next Phase Of Development With Move To New Headquarters And Addition Of Staff4
. Two Baltimore Business Leaders are BioHealth Innovation, Inc.s Newest Board Members5
. New Report: "Innovations in Drug Delivery - Broad-based Proprietary Technology Platforms to Address Delivery Efficiency and Improve Patient Compliance" Now Available at Twease.org6
. The Alliance for Regenerative Medicine forms Tissue Engineering and Biomaterials Committee7
. Lucintel Performs Competitive Analysis on Top Five Global Consumer Electronic Companies8
. WaferGen Reports Third Quarter 2011 Financial Results and Announces New Commercialization Strategy9
. OvaGene Oncology Collaborates With Moffitt Cancer Center to Develop and Commercialize microRNAs Associated With Chemotherapeutic Drug Response10
. Cellular Dynamics Announces Commercial Launch of iCell® Neurons for Neuroscience Drug Discovery11
. ReproCELL Licensed Commercialization Right on Human iPS Cell Derived Hepatocytes - Expected Launch in Q2 2012