BDSI expects the final granting of the patent and associated payment of the $15 million milestone within the next few months.
About BioDelivery Sciences International
BioDelivery Sciences International (NASDAQ: BDSI) is a specialty pharmaceutical company that is leveraging its novel and proprietary patented drug delivery technologies to develop and commercialize, either on its own or in partnerships with third parties, new applications of proven therapeutics. BDSI is focusing on developing products to meet unmet patient needs in the areas of pain management and oncology supportive care. BDSI's pain franchise currently consists of two products utilizing the patented BEMA technology. ONSOLIS (fentanyl buccal soluble film) is approved in the U.S., Canada, and the E.U. (where it will be marketed as BREAKYL), for the management of breakthrough pain in opioid tolerant, adult patients with cancer. The commercial rights are licensed to Meda for all territories worldwide except for Taiwan (licensed to TTY Biopharm) and South Korea (licensed to Kunwha Pharmaceutical Co.). BDSI's second pain product, BEMA Buprenorphine, is being developed for the treatment of moderate to severe chronic pain and is in development in a high dose formulation with naloxone for the treatment of opioid dependence. BEMA Buprenorphine for chronic pain is licensed on a worldwide basis to Endo Pharmaceuticals. Additional product candidates are being developed utilizing the BEMA technology for conditions such as nausea/vomiting (BEMA Granisetron). BDSI's headquarters is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information, visit www.bdsi.com.
SOURCE Endo Pharmaceuticals
Copyright©2010 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. BioDelivery Sciences Announces Results from Phase 3 Efficacy Study for BEMA Buprenorphine in Chronic Pain
2. BioDelivery Sciences Announces Completion of BEMA Buprenorphine Phase 3 Chronic Pain Study
3. BioCrossroads Commemorates Decade of Collaboration, Success for Indiana Life Sciences Sector
4. Spherix to Present at the LHA Life Sciences & Medical Technologies Virtual Conference on February 16
5. Ambit Biosciences to Present at Two Upcoming Investor Conferences
6. Neurocrine Biosciences to Present at the 14th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference
7. Sangamo BioSciences Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Conference Call and Webcast
8. Lend Lease Announces the Appointment of Tom Chapman as Director Operations for the Life Sciences Group in the Atlantic Region
9. Excel Life Sciences Joins DATATRAKs Connect Partner Program
10. Sofie Biosciences Is Awarded a US Patent on a Family of Novel PET Probes for Use in Oncology and Immunology
11. Elsevier Acquires QUOSA, Provider of Life Sciences Content Management and Workflow Productivity Solutions