CHAPEL HILL, N.C., May 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Given the increasing challenges to patent protection and new product approvals, pharmaceutical companies continue to seek external opportunities to grow their pipelines. With the increasing merger and acquisition activity, industry experts have found the importance of proper integration of assets to be key in obtaining value as described in the newly published study, "M&A Integration Excellence: What Bio- Pharma Companies Need to Know." Best Practices, LLC recently completed this new study utilizing benchmark metrics and executive insights to assess current trends and future directions of bio-pharmaceutical M&A activity and keys to obtaining asset value through optimal integration.
In a benchmarking study that included such influential companies as Pfizer, Lilly, Johnson & Johnson and Abbott, it was found that managing cultural issues was both highly important and extremely difficult to optimize. Integration experts discussed methods for managing such issues through proper planning and execution as described in the study report.
For a complimentary summary of the full report "M&A Integration
Excellence: What Bio-Pharma Companies Need to Know," click on the following
Other key topic areas in the research include:
- Structure for Integration
- Pre-Integration Planning Activities
- Integration Risk Management
- Integration Functional Excellence
- Communications Excellence
- Understanding & Managing Cultural Issues
- Post-Deal Closure Integration Activities
- Trends in M&A Integration
Among the key topics gathered in this report are:
- Industry Integration Functional Efficacy
- Efficacy of Integration Structural Approaches
- Integration Planning Initiation
- Pre-Integration Planning Activity E
|SOURCE Best Practices, LLC|
Copyright©2008 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved