BOSTON, Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Benu BioPharma announced today the establishment of Benu BioVentures, a new biopharmaceutical investment initiative to fund and develop preclinical stage pharmaceutical investments to the human proof-of-concept stage. Leveraging Benu BioPharma's management expertise in technology commercialization and pharmaceutical development, Benu BioVentures is creating and financing virtual companies that will develop candidate drugs in a cost and time efficient manner. Funding activities will focus on product candidates with strong animal data and a clear regulatory path that address unmet medical needs. Benu BioVentures is led by Dennis Goldberg, Ph.D., FAHA and Fred Meyer, Ph.D., CFA, both recognized biopharmaceutical serial entrepreneurs.
According to Dennis Goldberg, Co-Founder and Partner, "With our clinical, regulatory and corporate development capabilities, we can offer founders a unique solution to the current funding gap for product focused start-ups. We collaborate with founders to move their drug candidates into the clinic and then partner with a large pharma or biotech company to complete development."
Dennis Goldberg, Ph.D., FAHA
Dennis Goldberg is a biotechnology and pharmaceutical drug development executive and entrepreneur with more than 25 years of experience in these industries, ranging from drug discovery at a Fortune 25 pharmaceutical company to President and CEO of multiple "virtual" biotechnology companies. He is President and co-founder of Benu BioPharma, a biotechnology product development management and consulting firm. Benu currently provides full management services for two virtual biotech companies.
Fred Meyer, Ph.D., CFA
SOURCE Benu BioPharma, Inc.
Copyright©2012 PR Newswire.
All rights reserved
Related biology technology :
1. Join Cato BioVentures and Cancer Advances at Biotech Showcase 2013 & J.P. Morgan 31st Annual Healthcare Conference
2. Cato Research and Cato BioVentures Announces the Opening of Houston, Texas, Office
3. Join Cato BioVentures at BIO International Convention
4. Oxford Finance Provides $15 Million Senior Secured Credit Facility to Private Equity Backed Healthcare Services Company
5. Oxford Finance and Silicon Valley Bank Provide $15 Million Senior Credit Facility to NanoString Technologies
6. Ultragenyx Appoints Shalini Sharp as Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President, Finance
7. Oxford Finance Completes $271.4 Million Securitization Transaction
8. A Genetic Approach For Crohns And Colitis Disease Is Financed By The Jeffrey Epstein VI Foundation
9. Israeli Ministry of Finance Hosts Israel Investment, Innovation and Trade Forum in New York
10. Sudanese 'lost Boy' Who Became Finance Minister to Receive Prestigious Alumni Award from Johns Hopkins
11. GlycoVaxyn AG secures CHF 5.1 million Strategic Translation Award from the Wellcome Trust to finance clinical development of Shigella vaccine